Question about Culligan Tools & Hardware - Others
I am assuming based on your description that the system you have is a reverse osmosis system. If this is true, you most likely need to recharge the air pressure in your RO storage tank. I have included step-by-step instructions below. If you find that your tank is not holding air or the tank will not empty completely, the bladder inside the tank may be broken and the tank will need to be replaced. I have included a link to our selection of RO tanks as well. To recharge the tank you will need a bicycle tire pump and a tire gauge that will be capable of reading below 10 psi. If you don’t have one that reads in single psi increments, then a meter that starts at 5 psi will work.
1) Close the cold water feed valve (if you can’t locate this on your system, you may be able to turn off the cold water to your sink)
2) With the RO tank valve on, locate the valve stem on the bottom or side of the tank. (this will look like the air stem on a bicycle or car tire)
3) Remove the stem cap.
4) Drain all water out of tank through open RO faucet into sink. (Continue to leave the RO
faucet open throughout the entire procedure)
5) If the current tank pressure doesn’t empty the tank, apply tire pump to valve stem
and pump a few times. Flow will increase and then gradually decrease as
pressure equalizes. Do not overcharge the bladder during this procedure.
6) Repeat step #4 and #5 until tank is completely empty. (Tank is empty when additional
pumping produces no more water)
7) At this point, adjust EMPTY tank to exactly 7psi. (Gauge reading midway between 5
& 10psi is sufficient)
8) Turn off RO faucet.
9) Replace cap on valve stem
10) Open cold water feed valve.
11) The water is useable immediately; however, tank will take a few hours to completely fill.
Geoff D., CWS-I - WQA Certified Water Specialist
Fresh Water Systems, Inc - http://www.freshwatersystems.com 1.877.335.3339
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 18, 2015 | Irons
Dec 09, 2014 | Sears GC-822 MP3 Player
Oct 07, 2011 | Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Apr 22, 2011 | Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Jan 25, 2011 | Bosch Irons
Oct 22, 2010 | Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Jul 08, 2010 | Culligan Sales #SY-750S Under Sink Water...
May 21, 2010 | Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Apr 13, 2009 | Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Mar 19, 2009 | Culligan Under Sink Water Filter
Jan 19, 2018 | Culligan Tools & Hardware - Others
465 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: