I lost my disc for my AR DS so I downloaded the AR Code Manager off of the internet. When I launched it, I plugged in the USB in my computer and the AR, but for some reason, the Code Manager won't detect that my DS is plugged in. I might need some help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I heard that the DSi prevents the AR from working because of a kind of security system.
After you insert the AR device and turn on the system, you'll see the "Insert Game Cart" message blipping across the screen. From there you have to remove the AR device while your system is on and replace it with your desired DS game cartridge and then the "Start/GO" button will appear, fully functional and ready to operate.
Don't even bother trying to get the Code Manager to smarten up, just add and edit your desired codes manually from there on. After all newer software on the dsi when compared to the ds so datel may have to make a new AR for the dsi or.... ur AR may be bust as datel's build quality is not the best. So try the AR on older ds's if it works thn new sofware prevents it so you may have to buy a specific AR or if it dosnt work on a old ds thn u know u got a knackered up AR device.
Then your ds card slot where you put the game or action replay might need cleaning i use a dry Q-tip and rub very very gently or your action replay is busted :P hint do not put in too many codes my mistake let just say its a magic eraser :P
you can reconnect your ds+AR and you can put the codes back on there by clicking and draging one of codes list from codejunkies.com if you have your Action Replay Code Manager installed, which should come on a disc you bought with your AR
1) Open Code manager and insert your AR USB cord with the AR itself in the DS slot make sure the DS is off.
2) Turn on your DS so that on the PC screen the Code Manager is listing the Games already on the AR
3) Then when the games are on the screen decide what game you want to add codes to, Makesure there is a copy of that game in the Default code list with the cheats you already have on there if the game is not in a code list in the slot "My codelists" drag the game into a code list, What should happen is the top DS screen will say Reading, then the games master code same should be on the PC screen under the new box "Process"
4) On the code list where you have just dragged the game to the game should be in there open it up by clicking the little + next to it.
5) In that game file there should be all the cheats you have prevously added. right click on the game tile and hit add new cheat, Cheat details should appear so add a name and copy and paste the code then hit okay afterwards delete the file on the AR NDS code list and copy and paste the new one so that when it is open it will have all your old cheats and the new ones.
Your problem is tricky, but solvable. The problem you are dealing with here is your AR ID is not matching up with the AR disc, using a Virtual Splint you can have a program called Floating Point create a proxy ID for both of them which enables you to use it without problems.
Many are experiencing this, what you are looking at here is a faulty action replay. go to the Datel website and submit your serial number to them, it will immediatly say whether or not your AR is from the time period when they had a problem with the internal USB reading system, if it is, then send it in and one will be shipped withing 10-12 weeks