Question about Western Digital 500GB My Book World Edition 500 GB Hard Drive
Your account has something called "account bug"
You will need to reinstall MioNet on all computers, reset the My Book World, then attach it to your new MioNet account. You'll need to download the Blue-Ring My Book World version of MioNet here:
Then, to attach your My Book World to the new MioNet account (just select a new username when you re-install MioNet), follow these directions:
1. Turn off My Book World
2. Identify the reset button on the back of My Book World
3. Depress the reset button while restarting My Book World
4. Keep the reset button depressed for about 10 seconds after you see blue lights on My Book World
You should now be able to sign in to the Shared Storage Manager as admin/123456.
5. Please open your web browsers and enter (without the quotes) "http://<IP address of My Book World>" or "http://mybookworld" in the address bar. The Shared Storage Manager web page will appear.
6. Once you have accessed the Western Digital Shared Storage Manager please select "General Setup" then choose "WD Anywhere Access settings." Use the default username of "admin" and default password of "123456" (without the quotes). On the following page you will have three buttons to select, please click on the "Reset" button. This will return the MioNet software on My Book World to default settings.
7. From within the MioNet Client, go to File > Remove Computer. Locate the My Book World (WDStorage, MyBookWorld, or whatever you named it) and remove it.
8. If you do not see a new window from MioNet informing you that you have a storage device available, "Scan for Cameras and New Devices…" to detect the unit.
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2009 | Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB...
Aug 21, 2009 | Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB...
Aug 21, 2009 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Jun 19, 2009 | Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB...
Jun 11, 2009 | Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB...
Dec 11, 2008 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Oct 08, 2008 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
May 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 19, 2008 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
721 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: