Question about LG WM2487H Front Load Washer
Starting in November 2008--LG introduced "square door" model washers.
These washers will (unlike round door models) perform very well on wood floors.
If the WM2487 washer is on a wood floor--even a tiled wood floor--it will be near impossible to get smooth spin performance.
Some homeowners have had success by adding two layers of 3/4 inch wood under the washer AND dryer.
The following steps were taken:
1) Remove washer & dryer
2) Cut & remove any floor covering (bare wood)
3) Locate floor joists with a stud-finder & mark locations at the edge of the flooring--allows finding the joist locations after 3/4 sheet is laid to floor.
4) Add wood glue to floor
5) Place 3/4 inch wood sheet to floor & drive screws thru wood into joists (as many scews as deemed necessary to fully & completely compress wood sheet to existing floor
6) Add wood glue to 1st wood sheet
7) Place 2nd 3/4 inch wood sheet on top of 1st wood layer and drive screws into floor joists.
8) Add molding if desired
9) Re-install washer & dryer and level.
10) Add one heavy towel into washer tub & close door ( this will mimick an off-center load)
11) Press power "on" button
12) Press "Spin Speed" button & select high speed spin option
13) Press "Start" button
14) When * 9 minutes remaining * is displayed--use the flat wrenchette that comes with every LG washer to "tweak" the adjustment of the front leveling legs. This will allow for "fine tuning" adjustment of the front leveling leg(s) to eliminate vibration / noise during the spin cycle. The rear leveling legs DO NOT need further adjustment.
NOTE: Those with pedestals--check the front leveling legs on the washer and on the pedestals (front only) during spin.
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2016 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Jun 27, 2014 | General Electric Profile DPSR610EGWT 7.0...
Nov 12, 2012 | Maytag MAH2400AWW 2.4 cu. ft. Compact...
Mar 09, 2017 | Washing Machines
Dec 09, 2010 | Washing Machines
Dec 16, 2009 | GE Washing Machines
May 22, 2009 | GE DPSR610GGWT Dryer
Jun 18, 2017 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
Jun 01, 2007 | Creda W100FW Front Load Washer
516 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: