Question about GE JVM1190SY/WY/AY/BY Microwave Oven
I have a whirlpool gold microwave model #GH4184XSB bought new in 2006. One of the bulbs for the stove hood light blew out. While changing the bulb the glass on the bulb came loose and caused the other bulb to blow out and microwave stopped working. It will not get any power. We checked breaker box and outlet has 120 volts but no power getting to microwave.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Lighting Problem
We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.
Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
If the fan is not working, the microwave should not be used, as it may cause overheating, causing further damage to the appliance ad potentially fire damaged.
From description it looks like the appliance has a short circuit, probably in the wirings powering the lamp.
The unit must be taken apart and tested to fix this.
Here is a good repairman: MicrowaveSvc
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
SOURCE: hello... i have a GH4184XSB-1
there are some other fuses on some circuit boards inside the oven.Try finding them,one is located on the control panel PCB.Perhaps that is blown!
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Do all other functions of the microwave work as expected, just the lights are not lighting up? It probably is a blown fuse somewhere, but please provide this information first so I can help you further.
Posted on Sep 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 15, 2015 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Aug 01, 2013 | GE Profile Spacemaker 1.8 Cu. Ft....
Sep 25, 2012 | GE Profile Spacemaker 1.8 Cu. Ft....
Jul 15, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 15, 2011 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Aug 23, 2010 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Apr 02, 2010 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven
Jul 04, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Mar 13, 2009 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens
Dec 31, 2007 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven
176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: