Question about Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
There is a message on my computer that it is full of malware and they will fix it. NOT! I have tried everything and I cannot restart it.
Listen, Jennie, the best route for you is to simply reinstall the software that came with your Dell or use the backup disks that you were advised to make. Assuming you made them, all you have to do is go into your bios and make sure that your optical drive (cd or dvd) drive is set as the first boot up device. Then pop in the disk and follow the prompts.
If you did not make the disks or have any Dell disks you may be able to get the software from Dell directly. OR check among your peers to see who has an XP OS install disk. Use that to install the operating system and then download the necessary drivers from Dell site. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-1501/drivers
Whatever you do, resist the impulse to install an OS other than XP - the latter will work best with your machine. NEWER is not better!
Posted on Feb 15, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2016 | Facebook Social Network
Apr 30, 2016 | ASUS Google Nexus 7 Tablet
Dec 30, 2017 | IBM ThinkPad Computers & Internet
Mar 17, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Mar 13, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Feb 27, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
Feb 26, 2011 | Yahoo Messenger
How to use Malwarebytes after it is installed and Updated:
1. Open Malwarebytes > Click on the Update Tab across the top> get the latest updates.
2. On the Scanner tab, make sure the the Perform quick scan option is selected and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer
3. MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can take quite a while.
4. When the scan is finished a message box will appear
5. You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with the Malware removal process.
6. You will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this point you should click on the Show Results button.
7. A screen displaying all the malware that the program found will be shown
8. You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.
9. When MBAM has finished removing the malware, it will open the scan log and display it in Notepad. Review the log as desired, and then close the Notepad window.
10. You can now exit the MBAM program.
Post back if it is not working we will be happy to help you.
Hope this helps.
Jan 11, 2011 | Facebook Social Network
Aug 11, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!