Question about Maytag SAV571EEWW Washer
It looks like the brake pads are in the bottom broken up. The washer spins 1 direction when in agitate cycle.
Yes if the pads are damaged it will spin in agitation. Pads are easily replaced.
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2015 | Maytag SAV571EEWW Washer
WASHER FILLS, BUT DOESN'T AGITATE AND/OR SPIN
1) Check the imbalance/lid switch FOR continuity. Check also the speed selector switch (if any), the water level and water temperature switches for proper operation .
NOTE: If any of the selector switches on the console are only partially pushed in, it may cause improper function.
2) Check for a broken or badly worn belt.
3) Check the motor rollers and tension springs for damage and the motor roller tracks for jamming. Any of these might cause the belt to be loose.
4) Check the appropriate timer circuits for continuity.
5) Remove the belts and see if the motor will start. If you hear the motor buzzing, but it doesn't start in either or both directions, test the capacitor (if any) and starting switch
If it does start with the load removed, turn the pump and transmission pulleys by hand, in both directions, to see which is locked up. If the pump is locked, If the transmission pulley is locked,. Note that the transmission pulley will normally be very stiff when turning it in the clockwise direction, as you look at the bottom of the washer.
Nov 14, 2010 | Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
Jan 08, 2010 | Whirlpool LSN1000LW Top Load Washer
Aug 23, 2009 | Washing Machines
Aug 18, 2009 | Washing Machines
Feb 28, 2009 | Maytag Dependable Care LAT9706
Jan 08, 2009 | Washing Machines
Apr 28, 2008 | Maytag SAV4655A Top Load Washer
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: