Question about E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
If you have a Yellow light on power supply, chances are you have blown the power supply.
Even with a PC unplugged in a Bad Storm, I have seen many PC's and Laptops with Supplies shoot.
If you have a little computer savvy, the best thing to do is,
1. Disconnect power.
2. Open unit.
3. Disconnect all Devices from supply.
4. Disconnect 20 04 24 pin power supply connector to mother board.
5. If you have other connectors such as 4-pin 24 Volt acc. you can disconnect that as well.
6. Now plug in the supply. Note... Some supply's have a reset located in the rear of the supply, where it makes its input ( A/C connection. ) If so try the reset. Some supply's also light up or have a service light when sensing input power, some do not.
7. If all looks good and no sparks or flames, re-connect the mother board connection, (only)
Try to power on computer.
Note..... If you still have the Yellow light, Replace the supply.
In some cases, the power supply sees a fault and fold back to a protection mode.
The supply has several Capacitors in which hold a charge and when connected to the mother board retain that charge. Disconnecting the Mother Board 20- 24 pin connector will allow this charge to dissipate.
If all works after reconnecting supply, Your Good To Go.!!!
If not, you may need another Power supply.
Or may have done other damage.
Hope all works out for you.
Try it, it may work...
Readers, please rate your Technician
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2017 | HP Compaq FS7600 17" CRT Monitor
Nov 27, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Jul 23, 2010 | Toshiba TP61H60 61" Rear Projection...
Jul 20, 2010 | Casio Music
Feb 26, 2010 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Nov 04, 2008 | Compaq Presario SR1120NX 2.66GHZ Tower w/...
Sep 04, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Jan 28, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
315 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!