I left my Vtech phone in New York, left for Europe and forgot to set the answering machine on. When I call in I get a factory recorded announcement that I'm not available, etc. I have my PIN # with me,...
Can you please specify the exact model of the phone? Because the steps in accessing it remotely varies from model to model. Anyway, you can try to follow the steps posted here and then test:
Remote operation allows you to control the functions of the Answering System when you
are away from the Base,and call from an outside telephone line. The Answering
System cannot be accessed from another telephone on the same line. You can access
many of the Answering System functons from a remote location, such as listening to
messages, changing recorded announcements, and recording memos.
Remote operation can only be accessed from a touch tone telephone. If the remote phone
is set to pulse dialing, switch it tone. If tone dialing is not available, you will not be able
to access the Answering System.
Note: All function codes should be entered within 2 seconds in order to activate Remote
To Activate Remote Operation From a Different Telephone Line
1. If the Answering System is OFF, you can dial your telephone number and wait for
the Answering System to answer your call after 10 rings. An announcement, "Please
enter your security code" is given, and you enter your security code to use remote
2. If the Answering System is ON, it will answer your call and begin playing the currently
selected announcement (as with any incoming call).
3. Enter # followed by your 2 digit security code during the announcement. The
default security code is 19.
4. Once the security code is received, a double confirmation beep will be given, and
you are in Remote Operation mode. You can then control the Answering Machine
functions using the telephone keypad.
5. The user can also enter the Remote Operation mode during message recording. The
procedure is the same as step 3. The recording will be stopped after entering the
valid security code "s#xx " and the incomplete message will be deleted. If " 0s"
is entered, the Answering System will release the line, but the recorded message
will still be retained.
6. If the user enters a wrong security code, the system will release the line.
Playing Messages Remotely
1. Press " #1 ", " #2 " or " #3 " on the touch tone keypad to play the messages in the
2. The system will announce "Mailbox X. You have XX new messages and XX old
messages" and the system will playback the new message only. If there are no new
messages, the system will announce "Mailbox X. You have XX old messages. On
the other hand, in the absence of old messages, the system will announce only the
number of new messages.
Repeat Messages During Playback
1. Press "#4" once during message playback to repeat the current message.
2. Press "#4" twice within 2 seconds to skip to the previous message.
Skip Messages During Playback
1. Press "#6" once to skip forward to the next message.
Stop Message Playback
1. Pressing "#5" during message playback will stop playback.
1. Press "#9" once during message playback to delete the current message.
Note: Playback will pause if "#" or " " is entered. Answering System will wait for the
command in the following 2 seconds. If no further tone is entered, playback will be resumed.
1. Press " 8".
2. After selecting the mailbox by entering command "1", "2", "3", You will hear, "Now
recording", followed by a beep.
3. Enter "#5" to stop recording when you have finished.
Change OGM Remotely
1. Enter " 7" to record a new OGM. You will hear, "Now recording", followed by a
beep to signal start of recording.
2. Press "#5" to stop recording. Your new OGM will playback automatically.
Check OGM1 Remotely
Enter "#7" to review OGM. You will hear playback of OGM followed by a beep.
Turning Answering System ON or OFF
Pressing "#0" toggles the Answering System ON/OFF. "Answer machine on", or "Answer
machine off" will be announced, followed by a beep.
Voice Menu for Remote Operation
The system provides two pre-recorded voice menus to help you during remote operation.
Press " 5", and you will hear the simple voice menu.
The simple voice menu is as follows:
• Press "#1" to play mailbox 1.
• Press "#2" to play mailbox 2.
• Press "#3" to play mailbox 3.
• Press "#5" to stop.
• Press "#4" to repeat the message.
• Press "#6" to skip the message.
• Press "#9" to erase the message.
• Press " 5" for other functions.
(To advance voice menu)
The advanced voice menu is as follows:
• Press "#7" to review outgoing message.
• Press " 7" to record outgoing message.
• Press " 8" to record memo.
• Press "#4" twice to repeat previous message.
• Press "#0" to turn the system on or off.
• Press " 5" to return to the simple voice menu.
Pressing any function code will stop the voice menu, and perform the corresponding
Exiting Remote Operation
1. Enter " 0" on the touch tone keypad to exit remote operation mode. The Answering
System confirms your action with a long beep and then disconnects.
2. The Answering System also automatically disconnects if no key is pressed within 20
seconds during remote operation.
Oct 17, 2009 |
Vtech Two Line Digital Answering Machine...