Question about HP LaserJet 2840 Printer
It can be a defective fax module or formatter, but most likely, it is a software issue.
Make sure you have the latest firmware.
When/if firmware is the latest version and problem persists, go to Menu -> Service -> Restore Defaults.
If problem persists, it might be a good idea to try a different land line, if you have one available, before purchasing new hardware.
Please note you need a different board depending on which region of the world you live in. I'm assuming North America here.
The fax module for the 2840, is about $27.31.
Q3977-60011 - PC Board (Interface) : Line interface unit (LIU) PC board - Telephone interface board for the printer.
If the problem is in the formatter (main board), the price goes up to $405.65. Please not, that the LIU (fax module) is included in this.
Q3948-69006 - Formatter / LIU assembly (for North America) - Includes the formatter PC board, the line interface unit (LIU) PC board, and the metal card cage.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 28, 2015 | Panasonic KX-FLB811 All-In-One Laser...
However under rare conditions incompatibility between the two machines may cause the remote machine to simply get this code.
Try these steps...
1. Press setup, and then go to TOOLS.
2. Press okay on TOOLS, then look for RUN FAX TEST. Then press okay.
3. It will print a fax test page. Check if everything passed.
4. If it passed everything, try to press setup again, and then go to ADVANCE FAX SETUP.
5. Scroll, down and look for ECM (Error correction mode), then press okay
6. Under ECM you will have to options "ON or OFF" try to choose OFF then press OKAY.
7. Now, try sending a fax.
Also you can try to reset the printer.
1. Take out the cartridges from the unit .
2. Make sure the unit is connected to the wall jack directly without any surge protector.
3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the unit ( without turning off the unit ) .
4. Now press the # and 6 key together , while holding these keys down plug in the power cord back into the unit .
5. Do not release the keys after a few seconds you will find the hp logo or bars moving across the screen .wait while the unit turns off.
6. After one minute turn on the printer . It will go into alignment phase > let it finish .
7. After its done > try to make a copy .
Note - you can also try the OK and CANCEL key combination in place of # and 6
Jul 18, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
May 13, 2011 | Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One InkJet...
you need more help come back.
/ thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Jan 05, 2011 | HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One...
Sep 20, 2009 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 17, 2009 | Canon imageCLASS® MF4150 All-In-One Laser...
May 19, 2009 | Lexmark X4270 All-in-One Multifunction...
Apr 19, 2009 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 31, 2007 | Lexmark X125 All-In-One InkJet Printer
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!