Question about Western Digital 500GB My Book World Edition 500 GB Hard Drive
Check the permission you have on the system you are using it on. having an admin right might be hampering your right to do that. also check if the drive is write protected if it has such facility. try plugging it into another port or another machine with administrator right and see what happens
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2017 | GPS
Aug 29, 2008 | Cameras
Sep 25, 2013 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Please verify if you have renamed/upgraded your account to Outlook.com. If yes, please be informed thatyou are only upgrading the user interface of Hotmail to the new user interface; hence all your emails should still stay in your Inbox. There could be many reasons why emails could be lost after renaming:
1. Due to inactivity in account:
• If your emails were over 365 days old, you may have lost them due to inactivity in the account even before you renamed the account. If you had Self-recovery of emails turned on in your account before renamed, you can try to recover some of the deleted messages yourself, please refer: Deleted email messages.
2. You got another option to save your Hotmail emails differently when renaming your account to @Outlook.com account:
• If you chose to rename your account to @Outlook.com, a prompt would have asked you - 'Where do you want to save your emails?' You will have the option to create a new folder for your old account or save the emails in the Inbox of your renamed account. If you chose to create a new folder, the default name of the folder will be the name of your old account and the folder will appear in the left pane under 'Folders'. And all your old emails will be stored in this folder.
3. Your account was hacked even before you renamed your account:
• A hacker had already deleted emails in their account before you renamed the account.
Jan 18, 2013 | Google Gmail
click start control panel scroll to folder options tick in the box to show hidden files and holders
connect your Ipod to your computer
click start click click on you Ipod to open
then go Ipod controls device there should be a folder saying locked
right click select rename to open or delete the folder your Ipod should now be open
hope this helps
Sep 24, 2012 | Apple iPod touch
Installation or uninstallation of an application or game fails and gives the following error code:
This issue is due to a previous installation not finishing properly
Solution 1. Rename the Installshield folder
Make sure you've enabled Show hidden files and folders.
Find and rename the Installshield folder:
Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Installshield
Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Installshield
If there is an Installshield file in the Common Files folder, rename that one also (e.g. to Installshield_OLD).
Solution 2. Remove all traces of previous uninstall
If renaming the Installshield folder had no effect, find and delete any traces of uninstalled applications.
Alternatively, do a manual clean-up:
Close all running programs. Then clear the Temp folder (found via input of %temp% in Start > Search or Start > Run).
Use the Windows registry editor to delete registry entries related to the program.
Restart the computer.
hope this helps
Sep 10, 2012 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition...
Apr 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 21, 2010 | Olympus D-595 Zoom Digital Camera
Apr 30, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Oct 19, 2008 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
313 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: