Question about Quintum Tenor DX2048 (501012100) 2x10/100 Mbps Networking Switch
Unfortunately, there are any number of reasons this could be a problem. The only sure way to tell what's going on is to look at the SIP traffic directly.
If you are up for it, here are the steps you'll have to take:
1. Download and install Wireshark(it's free) from www.wireshark.org
2. Install wireshark on a PC and connect it to the same switch as the Tenor,
3. Configure the switch to use the PC port as a monitor port for the port the tenor is connected to; you need a managed switch for this.
4. Start a capture with Wireshark for the appropriate interface. You'll probably see a shocking amount of traffic on your network all of a sudden. Don't worry, we're going to filter out the stuff that doesn't matter and it will be much more manageable.
5. Click the Telephony tab and select "VOIP calls". Try to make a call or two and see if this provides any useful info.
6. If #5 didn't help, go back to Telephony and select the "SIP" filter. This will provide more basic info on what is going on with the Tenor by showing every SIP packet. If you don't know anything about SIP it can be pretty hard to read though - you may need to post results here and let us take a look.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2011 | Quintum Tenor A800 (501-0026-00)
Mar 28, 2011 | Polycom SOUNDPOINT IP 301 SIP
Jul 07, 2010 | Nokia E71 Smartphone
May 19, 2010 | Cisco IP Communicator (SWIPCOMME1CH1)
May 06, 2010 | Nokia E72 Smartphone
Dec 09, 2009 | 3Com NBX 2102PE IP Phone
Nov 14, 2006 | Nortel I2002 IP Phone w/Text Keycaps, No...
207 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: