Question about Dishwashers

2 Answers

I have a LX40 and need parts list . I have a valve or solinoid that is leaking on upper back of machine

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

I have an lx 30
i think its called a breaker fill valve
hobart sells a rebuild kit thats pretty easy
1str unscrew 2 screws that hold cap on and save
with pair of plyers or channel locks unscrew top where 2 screws were screwed into,counterclockwise,
should be a plastic plunger, with rubber seal, rermove and replace with new one from kit, use grease to grease shaft
re enstal.
make sure you have kit before you attempt this.
if you have hard water deposits, clean those areas best you can,on top nut, also if your lx has a booster heater, hard water will cause havic and expensive repairs, a water softner from the yellow pages , will be your lx s best friend, and their not expensive

Posted on Jul 16, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 35 Answers

Go to sears website and that will give you a parts list

Posted on Jul 15, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a GW512. The cold water is only trickling into the machine. The hot works fine. I have checked and switched hoses and cleaned them etc. Still only trickles in to the machine. Would it be the inlet...

Hi dan, in all probability it is your inlet solinoid valve, due to high sediment build up in the main water supply can cause the inner diaphragm of the inlet solinoid valve to clog up and stick. you can pick up a new inlet valve anywhere from $25-$60 depending on the appliance spare parts outlet. If you produce your model number with the name of the machine to the spareparts store they will easily be able assist in your matter, even better supplying the spareparts store with the inlet solinoid from the machine, thumbs up if this helps thanks.

May 02, 2011 | Fisher Paykel EcoSmart GWL15

3 Answers

Cold water won't flow fast. Hot water only is fine warm water is slow and cold water almost nothing. Cleaned filter etc Thank you

Hello there and thank you for choosing fixya
The best way is to explain this is like this the washing machines water inlet valve has a solinoid for the hot and a solinoid for the cold and when one of these start to fail the will slowly close untill the solinoid will no longer allow the valve to open so this is why your water pressure is getting low going into the machine for the cold side ok?
So what you are going to have to do is to replace the faulty water valve solinoid.
I would really suggest to replace the valve as a whole it ensures that you have a new part.ok?
Hope this helps if yo need any further dissassembly help let me know and i can assist you if needed
Best regards Mike..

Mar 01, 2011 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

Maytag washer does not shut off after filling the tub

Hello there and thank you for choosing fixya
normally when this happnes this means that the water inlet valve is leaking by and needs to be changed see what happnes is that there is a solinoid for the cold and 1 for the hotand after time theyse solinoid valves will start to wear out along with the internal parts of the valve this is a very common thing that happnes to washing machines ok so i would first check this valve out and get it replaced then if this still doesent fix the problem than you may have a problem with your water level switch that determines the water level in the machine and senses when it has the proper amount of water in it normally the onluy thing that goes wrong with these is that they tend to stick evey once in a while or they go out all to gether and need to be repaced but this is fairly uncommon (but it does happen) ok ?
Hope this helps you out
Best regards Mike

Feb 28, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines

1 Answer


Hello there :
Yes you are right this solinoid valve when they fail will fail in the closed positin thus not letting any water into the maching
and yes this is a replaceable part if you can get the back of the machine off and get to the solinoid valve there are 2 or 3 wires that connect it electrically so make sure to mark these wires for identification and get the right part the rest is pretty easy and self explanitory ok?
best regards Michael

Dec 04, 2009 | Maytag Washing Machines

1 Answer

106:533332300 ice maker leaks; replaced

Good day,
Make certain the fill tube is aligned properly and not the problem. As well, make sure the machine and Ice maker are level.
If you installed a new water valve, and there was no change, then yes the IceMaker is probably defective.
Don't need a model number, just take the ice maker in to any appliance parts house. They will match it up.
You don't normally have to go to Sears. Take the model number of the machine with you if you like.

Dec 02, 2009 | Refrigerators

2 Answers

Hobart lx40 Dishwasher stopped working

Look behind the dishwasher and you will see a cover on the right side,remove it.You may see a transformer with a fuse,check the fuse with a meter if you know how.Open the door look up to the right and left,you should see 2 phillip head screws,remove.Pull the top drawer with the display towards you.If you get this far let me know.

Apr 07, 2009 | Hobart 24 in. LXIC-5 Built-in Dishwasher

1 Answer

The solenoid on the water inlet valve leaks... need illustrated parts list so I can order proper parts assembly

you have the info rite / it is called the water inlet solinoid valve. this along with the mod. ser. # is all you nead to order the replacement valve. hope i was a help

Oct 20, 2008 | Refrigerators

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dishwashers Logo

Related Topics:

148 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dishwashers Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

76846 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16166 Answers

Are you a Dishwasher Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides