Question about Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Everstar MPM1-10CR-BB6
The directions have the steps to take when a "P1" error is flashing.
1) Remove the plug (the upper black plug not the lower) and attach the included drain hose.
2) Put a bucket under the hose.
3) Press the TURBO button for MORE THAN THREE SECONDS. The WATER INDICATOR will begin flashing telling the user that the FORCED WATER DRAINAGE feature is activated. You will even hear a little whirring noise.
4) Wait until the WATER INDICATOR stops flashing and no more water is flowing out of the drainage tube.
5) After the water is finished flowing, make sure that you FASTEN the DRAIN PLUG. Of course, failure to do this will flood the area.
6) The unit should now work.
You can also move the unit somewhere that you can remove the plug and let the water flow freely (you do not need to have it plugged in for this method) and once the water is finished, replace the plug and fire it up. It should then work correctly. It's also mentioned that the water should be drained quite often to prevent corrosion. I do it every few months and of course when winter approaches.
I like this air conditioner and have had really nice luck with it. A little loud but who cares. That's why there are SUBTITLES on the television.
Hope this helped.
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
Here's the 34 page manual from Danby Canadian website. =>
Please leave feedback. Thanks.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
This is a window unit? If so the unit should not be level. Should be lower on outside end. You may have to drill a hole in a vcorner outside to allow drainage. Good Luck
Posted on Jul 01, 2009
there is a drain tube on the back.
I have a simple pvc line that runs through a small hole I drilled through the wall to the outside.
Posted on Jul 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2010 | Heating & Cooling
Aug 15, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Jul 01, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 25, 2009 | Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner
May 31, 2009 | Whirlwind FH-778 Air Conditioner
May 30, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
May 17, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 21, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Sep 08, 2007 | Danby DPAC8020 Air Conditioner
361 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: