Question about Apple iSight Webcam
I've searched all over for this and most of the threads are from 2007, and were solved by a firmware update to the iSight (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=376766). Unfortunately, I performed that update approximately a year ago, and my iSight has worked beautifully until tonight. I have been using the iSight for video conferencing nearly every day. Now, everyone I talk with can see me, but no one can hear me. Also, the green light that is normally lit when the camera is in use no longer lights when in use. Running various hardware checks does not detect audio from the iSight. I can only detect the internal microphone and the line in. I will be very sad if the iSight is broken, as (until recently) it out performed every other "web cam" I've ever known. However, a six year old piece of computer hardware is pretty amazing.
Go to Control Panel and Click on Sounds, Click on Audio, then Click on the Microphone. Then Click on the drop down and select Camera Microphone or Headset.
Click OK and it should work.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your Computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype. Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able tosee and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger (http://www.soft32.com/download_30.html) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.” And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
Go to this site http://dashboard.aim.com/aim and Launch AIM AOL Messenger.
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
The audio and camera should function now.
Additional information to use with VIM settings,
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window. If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display: You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends. Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2016 | Jeep 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Jan 28, 2016 | Bose Televison & Video
Jan 07, 2016 | Toyota Cars & Trucks
Jan 01, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Oct 20, 2015 | Volvo S80 02 2002
Sep 30, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Aug 25, 2015 | 2007 Honda Ridgeline
Aug 01, 2013 | Car Audio & Video
Feb 04, 2011 | Cameras
Feb 14, 2010 | Intuit Quicken Deluxe 2009 Full Version...
Feb 11, 2011 | Apple iSight Webcam
1,001 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!