Question about HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
These are the steps to try and resovle the problem message, "HPdude" is the tech at HP telling you what to do.this is for your printer model, follow the instructions carefully.
HPRepDude : Follow the below steps on the front panel of the All-in-One printer:
HPRepDude : A. - Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
B. - Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
HPRepDude : Let me know the result.
Customer : display says "enter special key combo"
HPRepDude : Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
Customer : support COxxFN0723BR
HPRepDude : May I know the exact message that you got?
Customer : uiaux
HPRepDude : Okay.
HPRepDude : Please perform the below steps:
HPRepDude : 2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status
HPRepDude : 5. Press and release the “OK” button
HPRepDude : 6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
HPRepDude : Make sure that you perform steps from 2-9 and let me know the result.
Customer : Ok. It all went like the steps said and it is now powered down and unplugged.
HPRepDude : 10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
13. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE.
HPRepDude : Please perform all the above steps from 10 to 13 .
HPRepDude : Let me know the result.
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 16, 2017 | Ricoh Aficio GX3050N Printer
Apr 14, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 23, 2010 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Jul 09, 2010 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Feb 02, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 22, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 29, 2008 | HP PSC 2210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!