Question about Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
You don't provide much info but I'm assuming you have installed the camera software on the computer, have attached the USB lead from the camera to the computer, made sure that the memory card is in the camera and THEN switched the camera on? If yes, then try checking for updates to the drivers/software from Canon's website for your model camera.
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are two ways to solve this problem. I am assuming you are simply clicking on the pictures and choosing "edit" or double clicking on the pictures and they are opening in "Vista picture editing"
The first way to overcome this is by opening the desired program first (in this case canon's photo editor) and then choose open and find the desired photos.
The other way is to set the file type association in vista so that RAW programs open with the canon program see below for step by step:
1. Click Start
2. Click default programs on the black bar
3. Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program
4. Find the file types you want to open automatically in your canon editing program (RAW .jpg etc)
5. Click once at the top of the page click change program
6. A new window will open, if it does not list the correct program click browse at the bottom of the window and find your editor in it's folder.
7. Select the desired program by double clicking
8. Click OK
9. Click close
10. Test the new file association by double clicking a RAW file or one of the other file types and see if it loads into the correct program.
The final (and this is simply my plug for open source programs) solution would be to try something like GIMP (it is a photo editing suite developed under linux but adapted for windows) you can search for it on google.
If you are having trouble with any of these steps please post a comment and I will try and add some clarification.
Hope this helps
Posted on May 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 04, 2014 | Canon Cameras
Feb 25, 2013 | Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
Nov 01, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
Jul 28, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
Jun 15, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
Apr 28, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
Sep 05, 2008 | Canon PowerShot A520 Digital Camera
Jul 11, 2008 | Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
Dec 16, 2007 | Canon PowerShot A640 Digital Camera
177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!