Question about Computers & Internet
How can i reset region settings for my dvd rom
There are many online forums devoted to this subject, but it is worth noting a few options for accessing DVDs from other regions you might have.
Whether these solutions are legal or not depend upon where you live and the kind of media you are trying to access.
1) If you only have a few "other region" disks, consider using a free program like "DVD Shrink" to copy them to a region free DVD you can then use anywhere.
2) If the drive is of a particular type, you can install software that fixes region mismatches; if you search for "software dvd region free css" you will find some that are known to work.
3) Some DVD drives have patched firmware which can make them region free. Figure out what DVD drive you have and then do a search for the model number and the phrase "region free" and you may well find that someone has patched the firmware and you can download it and do the patch yourself (warning - this can be a dangerous and difficult process).
4) For people who are serious about having a proper region free drive, you can also consider, now that DVD drives are so inexpensive, buying a second cheap DVD-ROM and simply assigning another region permanently, or making sure in advance that you are buying a drive with a known and accessible region free patch.
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
If you are using xp: control panel, classic view (if not already in it), system, hardware, device manager. expand dvd/cdrom drives, double click the drive you want to reset the region on, select "dvd region" header, highlight the region you want, and click ok.
hope this helps,
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Are you using WMP or any third party players to play the dvds ?
I suggest you to check if the DVD region code is set to one (US) or not. If not, change it to one.
The region can only be changed five times, before its set permanently.
How do I change my DVD region?
DVD movies are encoded for different world regions, and your DVD-ROM drive must be configured for the appropriate region in order to play the DVD.
If you have DVD-decoder software installed on your computer, you can usually change the DVD region setting in the DVD decoder program. Follow the instructions in the program's Help file for changing the DVD region setting.
If you have a software or a hardware DVD decoder installed on your computer, you can use Device Manager to change the DVD region setting in your DVD-ROM configuration:
1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
3. In the list of devices, double-click DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the DVD drive for which you want to change region settings, and then click Properties.
4. On the DVD Region tab, make the desired changes.
You must be logged on as an administrator or be a member of the Administrators group in order to change the DVD region.
Note that the DVD region for most DVD-ROMs can only be changed up to five times, and the number of changes still available is located on the DVD Region tab. If the tab shows that you can only change the setting one more time (Changes remaining = 1), you won't be able to play DVDs that use a DVD region that is different from your last selection. If you run out of opportunities to change the setting (Changes remaining = 0), contact your DVD-ROM's manufacturer to reset this value.
Also install DVD decoder as an issue with codec or DVD decoder could even cause the issue with DVD region code.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/plugins.aspx (Also applies to Windows 7)
Mar 26, 2011 | Vacuums
Jan 02, 2011 | LG GSA-H55N DVD-RAM Burner
Aug 17, 2010 | ASUS A8F Notebook
Aug 10, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv5-1160us Notebook
May 31, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
May 15, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5520-5908 Notebook
Mar 03, 2009 | LG Super Blu BH200 Blu-ray and HD-DVD...
Aug 07, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Mar 11, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
428 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!