Question about Washing Machines
I have a Kenmore washer and I've had it for about 8 or 9 years. It still looks like new. I am the only one using the washer, so I use it sparingly. I don't pile clothes in and I make sure everything is even. Just yesterday I found out that it stops at the rinse cycle and will not move. I've tried starting the cycle over and watched it, once it got to the middle portion of the first rinse cycle it stopped. Never went to spin. I tried starting it again at the first rinse cycle and it just sat there. I tried starting on the spin cycle and it made some noise like it was trying to start but didn't. I can't afford a new washer and repairs are very costly. Is there anything I can try that I haven't already tried? I had one dress in the washer and on the lowest level of water, I also used the delicate cycle. HELP! HELP! HELP! I don't have the model number since I am at work, however it is a Kenmore as I mentioned above.
OK , try this , open washer and check out the DRAIN MOTOR PUMP located at the bottom on the side (its got like a little fan on it) , take it out and remove any debris & lint , it could be clogged , hope it helps , AJ
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 20, 2013 | Washing Machines
Nov 24, 2012 | Kenmore Elite HE5t Washer
3) Open the dispenser drawer and immediately add 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment.
NOTE: Do not add any detergent to this cycle. Use of more than 2/3 cup (160 mL) of bleach will cause product damage over time.
4) Be sure dispenser drawer is closed.
5) Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle.
6) Press START.
NOTE: The basket will rotate, then the door will unlock, lock again, and then the cycle will continue. The machine will not fill, but the basket will rotate while the washer runs a short sensing cycle. This will take approximately 3 minutes.
7) The cycle will determine if clothing or other items are in the washer. a) If no items are detected in the washer, it will proceed to step 8. b) If any items are detected in the washer, all cycle lights will flash and "rL" or "F/34" will be displayed. Associated LED status lights will remain lit. The door will then unlock. Press STOP to cancel the failure code. Then repeat steps 1, 2 and 6 to start the cycle again.
8) Once the cycle has begun, allow the cycle to be completed.
9) After the cycle is complete, leave the door open, slightly, to allow for better ventilation and drying of washer interior.
Good Luck and thank you for choosing FixYa. Please take a moment to rate the info I provided and a short testimony is appreciated.
Aug 14, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jan 29, 2011 | Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
Jun 04, 2010 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Oct 27, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 03, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jul 06, 2017 | Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!