Question about Intel 845GE Motherboard
I want a intel 845 chipset display driver for windows vista
Just click on this link to download display drivers for windows vista:
click on this link to download display drivers for windows-xp
low feed backs hurt my ratings and I am tring to help you with your problem,so let me know that the information i given you is helpfull or not
Posted on Apr 26, 2008
Intel 845 Motherboard Drivers Fix
HERE IS THE SOLUTION....
No need to donwload or install any drivers.
Vista has everything built in.
Only thing is it needs atleast 128 Mb of Video Memory, but for older motherboards like Inter 845 by default the Video Memory is configured to 64 Mb which is resulting in your problem.
So what you have to do is...
Restart you computer>Press DEL Key
Go to BIOS Settings>Advanced>Video Configuration
1. Change "AGP Aperture Size" from 64 Mb to "128 Mb or Higher"
2. Leave "Primary Video Adapter" as "Integrated"
3. Change "Frame Buffer Size" from 1 Mb to "8 Mb"
and then press F10(i.e., Save changes and continue).
Sometimes, for the first time you may see screen not aligned properly, in that case just restart once more and Vista will automatically adjust the alignment for you.
Also, you can change the resolution to your desired one manually as follows...
1. Click "Start Button"
2. Right click on "Computer"
3. Select "Properties" option from the context menu.
4. Scroll down and find "Disply Settings" option and click it.
5. Adjust Resolution Size and Mode.
NOW, ENJOY USING VISTA.....
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
Intel doesn't appear to have drivers available at their site for that controller, they might have the drivers on the windows update site. But even if they did the Intel 845G will not support Vista's Aero theme or any off the nice features since it is not a Directx 9 graphics chip. you might need to buy a new video card.
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
To solve this problem just download driver form intel site which you have need you will got .exe file then donwload universal extracter form hare http://legroom.net/software/uniextract. then right click on the driver .exe file and then extract it in one folder then u got driver for windows vista open device manager and update dirver and give location for this folder then restart.....these dirvers will work for vista, windows server 2008 and windows 7...
Its 100% working....
Posted on Jun 22, 2009
Download the driver from the intel official website
and then extract this exe file with 7zip
you can download 7zip from filehippo.com and its free..
after extracting the files...run the extracted exe file...
It worked on my pc...
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
How to install graphics driver for Windows Vista Operating System on the intel 845 chipset
1. Visit the website http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1454943
2. Check for file name "Intel_845_Chipset_Graphic_Driver_W... ista.7z(2.9 MB)"
3. Click on the "Download >>" link
4. Enter the Captcha mentioned above and click on the link "Complete above to download >>"
5. The website should allow you to download the file "setup_1454943.exe"
6. Save the file onto your system, say C:\Users\loginname\Downloads folder
7. Execute the exe file and click on the "Run" button when prompted.
8. If there is a user account control enabled, click on the link "Allow. I trust this program. I know where it's from or I have used it before'
9. The driver setup screen will open prompting to install and download the driver
10. Click on the "I Accept" button to continue
11. Install manager setup will open
12. Uncheck all the options mentioned and click on the button "Agree"
13. Now the application will start downloading the zip file (7z) of the original driver.
14. Once the download is complete, You will get a dialog box with "Run or Save" options.
15. Click on the "Save As" button to save the zip file (7z) onto your system. The application will save the zip file (7z) by default into C:\Users\loginname\Documents folder with file name as "Intel_845_Chipset_Graphic_Driver_Win_7___Vista.7z"
16. Extact the zip to the same folder.
17. Goto start menu --> Control Panel and open Device Manager
18. Expand "Display Adapter" and select the default graphics driver "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"
19. Right click on the default graphics driver, Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, and select "Update Driver Software"
20. Click on the link "Browse my computer for driver software. Locate and install the driver manually"
21. Click on the link "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
22. Make sure that the check box "Show compatible hardware" is checked by default.
23. Select the default graphics driver, Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and click on the "Have Disk" button
24. Install from disk dialog box will be prompted
25. Click on the browse button and go to the folder where the driver Intel_845_Chipset_Graphic_Driver_Win_7___Vista.7z was extracted, usually it will be C:\Users\loginname\Documents folder.
26. Select the file ialmnt5.inf from the folder and click on the "OK" button.
27. Click on the "Next" button to continue installing the driver.
28. Once the driver is installed, reboot the computer to have the graphics working for your intel 845 chipset.
29. All the best.
Posted on Aug 31, 2012
Dudes, u can use the compatibility wizard in Vista and M7 to install 845 drivers but even then it wont support aero, i hav a 845 at home and vista installed with all the drivers
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
I was aslo having same probelm but not now first of all download from here
and then browse to that file and right click on it properties > compatiblity check on run this program in compatiblity mode for > windows xp sp2 and check on run the program in administrator and apply install the file enjly
Posted on Sep 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 31, 2011 | Intel D845GLLY Motherboard
Apr 17, 2011 | Intel D845GVSR Motherboard
Mar 23, 2011 | Intel 845GE Motherboard
Jul 09, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Feb 27, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Jan 24, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Oct 23, 2008 | Intel D845GVSR Motherboard
Jun 23, 2008 | Intel Motherboard
Apr 09, 2008 | Intel D845GVSR Motherboard
46,150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: