Question about Sony Handycam DCR-HC90 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
Hi,the plate which is holding both the usb and the firewire connectors are loose and i can t capture anylonger. i would like to open this up and fix it but without a service manual i m a little scared that i ll break it beyond repair or something.can you please help?i really need this camera,at this point i can t afford any other handycam...thanks in advance
U dont say what camera. Anyway go to e-bay and try to find the repair manual
Posted on Oct 11, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Sony Handycam DCR-HC28
Unfortunately, it's not exactly a trivial process. The basic steps are as follows:
1) connect the camcorder to the computer
2) transfer the video from the dv tape to a file on the computer
3) optionally, edit the video file
4) upload the file from the computer to youtube.com
1) the camcorder has 4-pin 1394 (also called firewire or i-link) jack, and the computer (if equipped) either has 6-pin 1394 jack or 4-pin 1394 jack (on some notebooks). if your computer doesn't have a 1394 jack, you need to buy a 1394 adapter (eg. pricegrabber.com)
2) transfer the video from the dv tape to a file on the computer hard drive using editing software or a software utility designed for doing just that. this software may come with the camcorder or the 1394 adapter.
3) optionally, use editing software to take an excerpt from the file, rearrange parts of the video, add titles, etc., and output a new file
4) upload the file to youtube.com. there are some guides on their website as well (eg. youtube.com)
I hope that helps.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
SOURCE: dvcam dsr 45 firewire problem
if you can use your computer and cable firewire for other device. it means that your ic firewire in your dsr 45 is defect/broken,if you want to capture without firewire dsr45 , you need video and aodio in card for your computer.note ic firewire easy to defect/ broken if you plug/ uplug it when the device and the cumputer are on.
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
SOURCE: Video capture problems
Sounds to me that the bit rate on your PC or capturing device is not as high as that now available through the firewire ports. Try increasing the bit rate in your settings and see if that helps. Or have you always used firewire?
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
The Camcorder will flash the DV IN message as soon as the i.LINK/Firewire cable is connected to the Camcorder.
If you are getting the DV IN message then it indicates that the Camcorder recognize the connection.
You can use any video capturing software like Windows Movie Maker to transfer the video from the Computer.
Refer this link for the instruction to transfer the video to the Computer using i.LINK cable.
If you are not getting the DV IN message as soon as the i.LINK cable is connected with the Camcorder then the issue may be with either the Camcorder or with the i.LINK cable.
Try resetting the Camcorder or try with different i.LINK cable. Locate the RESET button behind the LCD screen of the Camcorder. (You will be able to locate the RESET button by opening the LCD Screen. The Camcorder should be switched ON when you reset the unit. Press the RESET button using a sharp-pointed object).
NOTE: Resetting the Camcorder will reset the settings of the Camcorder to the factory settings including date and time. It will not delete any data saved in the Camcorder.
If the issue still persists after resetting the Camcorder and with different i.LINK cable then your Camcorder requires service to resolve the issue.
Posted on Sep 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 24, 2011 | Panasonic NV-GS3B Mini DV Digital...
Jan 24, 2011 | Panasonic NV-DS55B Mini DV Digital...
Nov 14, 2010 | Panasonic NV-DS29B Mini DV Digital...
Nov 11, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC30E Mini DV Digital...
Nov 01, 2010 | Sony Handycam DCR-TRV22E Mini DV Digital...
Oct 31, 2010 | JVC Cybercam GR-D90 Mini DV Digital...
Oct 20, 2010 | JVC GR-D33US Camcorder
Sep 25, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera
Jan 25, 2009 | Seagate FreeAgent Pro - 500GB, 7200 RPM,...
Mar 24, 2008 | Sony Handycam DCR-HC90 Mini DV Digital...
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!