Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
To check the security key :
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.1.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router with the user Name as admin and password as password (unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the passphrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new password and click apply. You will then have to use the same password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2011 | Nintendo DSi White Console
Oct 09, 2010 | Nintendo DS Lite
Jun 19, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Apr 10, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Matte Blue Console
Mar 07, 2010 | Nintendo DS Console
Mar 02, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Feb 03, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Feb 02, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Black Console
Nov 07, 2009 | Nintendo Universal WiFi Link for Gameboy...
Dec 28, 2008 | Nintendo Universal WiFi Link for Gameboy...
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: