My samsung glyde got left in the rain for few minutes. took it apart & left it in dried rice for few days. everything works fine...if not better..but says network error if i try to call someone. it has a signal doesn't say no service. also can't send texts.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: phone got wet & works fine but says network error
Cell phones do not recover gracefully from getting wet internally. The electronics were not made to get wet. You would be better served to get a new phone. Getting a cell phone wet is almost alway death to the electronics, even if the phone is dried out completely, The problems caused by the damp electronics will cause strange and intermittent problems.
Re: phone got wet & works fine but says network error
THE ONLY AND BEST WAY TO SAVE A WET PHONE IS TO FREEZE IT ON THE FREEZER FOR 30 MIN WITH OUT THE BATTERY AND SIM REPAEAT THS UNTILL IT RECOVERS ( EVEN IF IT'S DRIED MABY IT'S STILL WET FORM THE INSIDE SO TRY PUTTING IT IN THE REFREGERATOR IF IT'S TO LATE THEN REMEMBER THIS FOR THE NEXT TIME.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try drying out the phone with desiccant bags or dry rice in a plastic zip lock bag. leave the phone in the bag for 2 days before trying the buttons. If that doesn't work, then it may have to go to Samsung for repairs.
Hi, The best thing to do with a wet phone is to not even try to turn it on...then place it in a bag of dry minute rice for at least a few days... check the rice...if it becomes moist, then change it and keep the phone in it until it draws the moisture out of the phone...after the phone is completely dry then try to turn it on...
One method that has worked for many people and water damaged phones, (myself included), is to put the phone in small zip lock bag of rice to dry.
Simply disassemble the back cover, remove the battery, and place the phone in a zip-lock bag filled about half way with white rice. The moisture in the phone from the water should be absorbed by the rice after a few hours. This is best done every evening for a week or so until the phone has completely dried out. It is best not to wait until the phone has dried on it's own after a few days, because if water evaporates on it's own in the phone, it can leave behind residue on the internals of the circuit board. Good luck!
When phone gets wet NEVER try to turn it on. Take battery out right away shake water off and put both in bowl of rice for at least 24 hrs. If your not home or don't have rice right away take battery out and get some. We have a bowl of rice on the counter all summer long for those who jump in the pool with phone in their pocket. I have washed them dropped them in the toilet my son jumped in pool with his phone, put it rice for 24 hrs and we were up and running with the exception of the one in the pool, that one cost me new battery on Ebay ($4.95) but phone worked fine, didn't even lose contacts or pictures. But the key is to NOT try to turn it on after its been wet. Water and batteries don't mix.
Take the battery out of your phone and put your phone and the battery inside of a bag full of dry white rice. Seal the bag and leave it for 24-48 hours. After that time, take it out and see if the keys work like normal again. (White rice absorbs moisture quickly and will dry out your phone quickly)
try this :
This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and degital cameras etc .
it sounds crazy .
Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY
Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points (shiny, goldish) on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.
Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.
It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).
beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.
This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick.
related link is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Otjgd48nY