Question about Brother IntelliFAX 1250M Fax
My printer stopped working. I thought the cartridge was used up, so I replaced it. It still did not print. I cleaned the heads with alcohol to no avail. What else can I do?
I have the same problem. Found this solution on the Brother site:
If the faxes you receive and the copies you make print half blank pages
please follow the steps listed below:
1. Unplug the power cord
2. Lift the top cover up.
3. Next, lift the two purple release levers located on each side of the
metal plate. The print head will pop up.
4. Remove the ribbon cartridge from the unit.
5. Lift the plastic paper cover (located behind the black rubber
6. Carefully remove any paper that is jammed by pulling in an upward
7. Push the paper cover down (located behind the black rubber roller).
8. Place the ribbon cartridge back in the unit with the ribbed triangle
on the plastic casing furthest away from you. Make sure the cartridge
gears rest in the white gear holders.
9. Gently push down the print head until it clicks into place.
10. Close the top cover securely.
11. Plug the power cord back in.
Test by making a copy.
1. Place a document (with text on both sides) in the ADF (automatic
2. Adjust the paper guides on the sides of the ADF to fit the width of
3. Press the COPY key.
If the problem continues and your machine is within warranty, you can
locate a Brother Authorized Service Center (ASC) in your area using one
of the following:
http://www.brother-usa.com/support/ and then click on the "Service
Center Locator" option located on the left side of the page or for
automated assistance by telephone, dial 1-800-284-4357 access our fax
back system. This system can provide you a printed list via facsimile or
verbal listings of a Brother ASC in your area. You may also contact Brother Customer Service at 1-800-284-4329 Monday through
Friday, 9:00am- 7:00pm EST, excluding holidays. If you are out of
warranty, you need to contact a Brother Authorized Service Center using
the information listed above.
Posted on Nov 29, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2012 | HP Photosmart 3210 Printer
Oct 25, 2011 | Lexmark Z640 InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2010 | Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
May 14, 2010 | HP J3680 Officejet All In One Printer
Nov 26, 2008 | Brother Multi-Function Center MFC-240C...
Aug 09, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 12, 2008 | Cannon MULTIPASS C530 Printer
Sep 18, 2007 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
May 16, 2007 | Brother MFC 4820c All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 23, 2006 | Samsung SF-335T Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
127 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: