Question about Computers & Internet
Sorry about your keyboard problems.
1. On your base unit, you will find this plastic piece below. Where I have marked a X, you will find 2 screws which need to be removed.
3. After you have removed these two screws, open the cover and lift the cover gently upwards. Removing it from unit.
If you look behind unit with cover opened, you will see 2 screws, ( one on each side.) The Plastic face plate has a 2 Ears the wrap around and can be clearly seen with cover opened.
Now, you will see 3 screws at to top of the KeyBoard. Shown below & marked by a X
X x x
__________________________ l l
l KeyBoard l
4. Remove the 3 screws and carefully lift the keyboard upward at the screw points.
5. Once the keyboard is fairly loose, fold it over and allow it to lay on the armrest.
6. At this point, you will see the Ribbon cable where the Keyboard makes its connection.
Carefully lift the compression flange upward and remove the cable.
Enjoy your new keyboard, invest in a cover, as once you have leaked any wet material past the keyboard, its all over.
Readers, please rate your Technician’s
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2012 | Apple MacBook Pro Laptop Computer with...
Feb 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 26, 2011 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Jan 20, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 18, 2010 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2009 | Gateway Computers & Internet
Jan 15, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 04, 2007 | HP USB Wireless Keyboard/Optical Mouse...
1,212 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!