Question about Initial IDM-1731 Portable DVD Player with Screen
I've tried to turn on the portable dvd and it will not power on...do you have any ideas what could be the problem
You have a couple things to check first off.
1. Using a VOM, measure the output voltage of the Wall Charger power cord. You should measure 9VDC +/-10%.
2. If voltage is present, then ensure that the pin located in the center of the female jack on the DVD Player is not loose by using the end of a Click-able ball point pen.
3. If the pin is secure, attempt to plug the jack in and move it slowly and slightly in a circular motion and see if the LED on the front of the unit comes on at any point.
4. If you have a battery pack that plugs into the side power jack of the unit, measure that voltage as well and make sure that it matches what's listed on the battery pack. If you have the battery pack that latches onto the back side and connects via the plate connectors, then you will need to use something very thin and metallic to measure the output and ensure that the voltage is accurate for that battery.
5. If all the voltages are accurate and present, then you most possibly have a broken solder connection within the unit or a defective DC input jack.
Posted on Dec 30, 2007
Wiggle the power cord near the power jack, and see if the unit will power on, power jack on my unit was loose.
Posted on Nov 30, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 25, 2012 | Sony Dvp-Fx740dtb Portable Dvd Player Sony
Feb 20, 2009 | GPX PD808B Portable DVD Player with Screen
Oct 27, 2008 | Sony DVP-FX810 Portable DVD Player
Jun 24, 2008 | Philips Magnavox DVD/VCR Dual Player
May 11, 2008 | Protron PDV-700
May 10, 2008 | GoVideo DP7240 Portable DVD Player with...
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!