Question about Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
I need to send a copy of my recieved mails (inbox) to another mail account. Is it possible?
You can do this by creating a rule. The exact type of rule you need depends on whether you are using a normal Internet email account (POP3 or IMAP) or an Exchange server. If it's the latter, your IT support people should be able to help you. If it's the former then:
* Make sure there is an entry in your Outlook address book or Contacts for the email address you want to send copies to.
* Click on the inbox you want to copy incoming mail from
* Go to the Tools -> Rules and alerts menu
* Click on "New Rule"
* Click "Start from a blank rule"" and "Check messages when they arrive"; Click Next
* Do not check any boxes in the list (unless you want to do some filtering - they are mostly quite straightforward). Click Next and Yes to the "This rule will be..." message
* Click on the "forward it to people or..." box; in Step 2, click on "people or..."; Find the entry for address you want to send the copies to and click on it; Click "To" and "OK" to add it to the rule.
* Click Next & then again to step over the Exceptions page
* Give the rule a meaningful name - or leave the default one.
* Make sure "Turn on this rule" is checked & "Run this rule now..." is unchecked (unless you want to immediately forward all the messages in your inbox :)
* Click Finish and OK
You're done - but remember, messages will only be forwarded if your PC is switched on, connected to the Internet and Outlook is running.
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2015 | Microsoft Outlook 2010
Mar 01, 2015 | Microsoft Outlook Express
May 01, 2009 | Microsoft Internet & Communication...
Mar 25, 2009 | Microsoft Outlook 2003 for PC
Feb 17, 2009 | Microsoft Outlook Express
May 12, 2008 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Dec 26, 2007 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
Nov 13, 2007 | Microsoft Outlook 2003 for PC
192 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: