Question about Maytag Dryers

1 Answer

Keeps burning smell and stays on when the dial is on off

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 736 Answers

If its an electric dryer then a stuck timer contact is likely .. you can replace the timer or sometimes the individual contacts can be changed or cleaned .. but you sure dont want to leave it plugged in with that fault .. that is quite a safety hazzard ..

Posted on Jul 13, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Lights staying on with a burning smell


double posted, back up one and post to it only,

Jan 18, 2014 | 1993 Toyota Previa

1 Answer

Burning smell


Something may be keeping the brush roll from spinning freely which may have caused the belt to break.

Jan 02, 2014 | Electrolux Central Vacuum

1 Answer

Instrument panel fuse keeps blowing, burning metal smell?


Some electrical short stay there, I suggest to check each electrical circuit that is connected to this fuse; check description or legend in the fuse label. With other details, we could send some electrical diagrams.

Apr 25, 2013 | 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

The dishwasher delays mid cycle and will stay in the same spot, just after "short wash." If allowed to just hang there, it also develops a slight rubber burning smell. If I turn the dial past...


it sounds like the timer has a worn gear and will need to be replaced if you check with your local parts distributor they are rebuildable for a lesser cost

Feb 28, 2011 | Dishwashers

1 Answer

Used our humidifier last winter, cleaned it, dryed it, and put it away. took it out to use it and it was a little dusty, so i cleaned and dryed it again, but for some reason it wont work. when you turn the...


If it smells like plastic burning. Stop using it immediately. As there could be an electrical short or overheating of the unit. If doesn't smell like plastic burning, you'll need to be more descriptive of what the odor smells like.

Feb 09, 2011 | Hunter 33201 Humidifier

1 Answer

Wire burning smell from Microware


unplug it.....if on fire, use dry chen extinguisher, if still persistent, dial 911 n get out of the house

Apr 23, 2010 | Thermador MBBS Microwave Oven

2 Answers

SAMSUNG HT-X50


Do you smell anything burning. This happened to me and I cut it back on. It stayed on for 30 secs or so and did the same thing. After doing this 2-3 times, I smelled a burning. Being a member of the Fire Dept, I didn't want to see my buddy's coming to the house, so I unplugged it. The next day, I took it apart and there was a burnt resistor or something under neath the fan. I took it back and they gave me a new receiver, but I'm expecting the same with this one.

May 16, 2008 | Samsung HT-X50 System

2 Answers

Strong ozone-like burning smell


Sounds to me like the motherboard inside the unit is on it's way to thermal overload. This is a common problem with this particular model. You'll smell electronics burning and one day it'll quit altogether with a burst of smoke. I had this happen to me and I traced the problem back to a faulty triac (transistor-like device) that overheated and caused the circuit board and wiring harness to burn up from excessive current draw. I repaired my motherboard with a new triac ($6) and rewired the harnesses. A cooling fan on the heatsink of the board would solve this problem.

Nov 12, 2007 | Equator EZ 3612 CEE Front Load...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dryers Logo

Related Topics:

40 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Maytag Dryers Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Tim Whalen

Level 3 Expert

3074 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75807 Answers

Are you a Maytag Dryer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...