Question about NetGear DG834G Wireless Router
Hi, Follow the steps below to configure settings:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) on a computer connected to the router.
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.0.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router with the User Name as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the username and password is case sensitive).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Select security options as 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)'.
6. Set the 'Authentication Type' as automatic.
7. Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit.
8. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number.
9. Apply the settings.
Scan for the wireless network on the wireless enabled computers and connect to the network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2011 | D-Link DI-624 Air Plus XtremeG Wireless...
Jan 07, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 17, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
May 04, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 03, 2010 | Linksys ULTRA RANGEPLUS WIRELESS N GIGABIT...
Nov 12, 2008 | Edimax Computers & Internet
Sep 16, 2008 | Intel Computers & Internet
Jul 28, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jun 17, 2008 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: