The display unit on the left end of the eurovox head unit
The display unit on the left end of the eurovox unit that displays time, station, cd and track numbers - the back light his stopped working - okay during the day but not good at night - can it be repaired, I pulled the head unit out but couldn't see how you get into the unit to repair it - has it been built to not be repaired
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: the display unit on the left end of the eurovox head...
There is a bulb in the back of the display.it does come apart but you need to be very good with electronics to fix it. try a few shops omeone will know how to fix it.if they say it is not fixable they are lying to you.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CD ERROR DISPLAYS
The disc magazine is not inserted in the cd changer
No disc is inserted in the disc magazine
The disc is dirty, or the disc is inserted into the disc magazine
E99 RESET PROCEDURE:
Remove CD magazine by pressing eject button on changer.
Remove all discs from magazine and re-load empty magazine into
changer. Using the Radio RESET CD system by pressing and
holding the “ON”/”POWER” button for about ten seconds, or in
earlier models the “EJECT/6” button.
FM/RF Remote Controls
E99 RESET PROCEDURE FOR REMOTES:
Remove disc magazine from changer by pressing eject button.
Remove all discs from magazine and re-load empty magazine into
changer. Press RESET button on interface unit
The temperature is exceeding more than 55c(130f) and the cd
changer cannot be operated. When the cd changer cools off, this
wait disappears. When the RESET button on the interface unit is
pressed, this WAIT appears for a few seconds
IF THESE ERROR CODES STILL KEEP APPEARING
CONTACT YOUR DEALER.
Work in car audio for a living. dodge caravan's are notorious for having there cd player's **** out. if the led display is out the built in reducers for the display power supply are more then likely shot. head to a junk yard and pull one out if you want to keep it stock :)
can prob get it from them for about 20 buck's and it will plug right in were the old one did. or you can go after market head unit (125-900$ at any electronic's store) buy a harness (about 18$) and a mounting kit (25$) for the easyist install :)
hope this helped
1) turn off the radio. 2) Push and hold the power button down (the dial). DON'T release the button. 3) The unit will display the time on the lcd screen with the numbers flashing, (only hr or min). 4) use the up/dwn, right/left buttons to set the clock. 5) turn off the unit by pushing the power button (again, the dial).
Look for "TITLE" button on the right hand side of the display.
press TITLE repeatedly until the time is displayed.
when power is OFF but iginition is ON press TITLE to display the time.
i hope this solution helps .
Upper right-hand corner, there's a button next to the "eject" button. Pressing this button while the unit is on will cycle between displaying the clock and the track number & play time (CD) or clock & radio station.
When the unit is off, you can press the same button to completely shut off the display, which is sometimes nice if you don't want the blue ring around the volume knob glaring in your face.
Although it did not work for me, HP offered this as a solution. If it does not work, HP indicate you have a hardware fault that can only be fixed by a service engineer repair.
1. Get the unit into the “Support Menu” by following the steps below :
A. - Press and hold the “left arrow” key. B. - Press the “Setup” key and
release both keys. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo” C. - Press
and release the “OK” button.
Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow
Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5. Press and release the “OK” button.
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure
status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that,
either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System
Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from
back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power
cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO
SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer
will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to
complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the
printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST
prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
When a station is tuned in the unit will decode the incoming clock data after 2 minutes will display the correct time when the 'DSP' button is pressed.
Note: some stations do not transmit a PTY or CT information & therefore the clock display may not be available.
For clock setting it is recommended to tune to a National Radio Station.
Hope This Helps.