I by mistake deleted all my messages on MMC card & there r no messages on phone memory.......waz nt able 2 recover it.....connected my phone 2 PC via data cable.......on PC suite 'Messages' i can view all d deleted messages in inbox, outbox, sent items( witout d MMC card in cell).......Y tis is happenin??? & can i recover d other messages in my folders(they r vry vry important 4 me)...........help me.......i wan2 recover My folder messages.......
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello there, sorry but there is no way to recover deleted messages from a
memory card or a phone. If it was a hard disk there is a way but memory cards do
not leave shadows of documents on the card which should help in the
recovery of deleted files. Sorry for any inconveniences. Thank you for visiting FixYa.
First thing to note is that the deleted data on the phone will remain there until something new is saved and overwrites it. This might not happen immediately but eventually, after continued use, it will. Either connect the phone straight to a PC using a USB cable (if supplied with the phone) or take the card out and put it in a card reader attached to the PC. You should see memory card shown as a drive letter (like H:) in Windows Explorer.
Then try some data recovery software on the PC. This should recognise the phone or card and then you can scan it using the free download of some good data recovery software. That will show you what files still exist on the phone or card and what can be recovered. http://www.asoftech.com/adr/
Please be noted that your phone memory should show as a drive letter in your explorer, if not, you need to take out your memory card and connect using a card reader, or plug-in to card reader slot if there's any on your computer.
1. The phone may not have enough memory to save the message. This may be one of the problems. You say that you have just formatted the phone and card memory. The memory card may not be formatted well. Be sure that the memory card in the phone is accessible and can be read.
And you say that you formatted the a few days ago. Maybe it is full. Please check it. Because your downloaded messages may need extra space.Check the message settings where to save.
2. The other problem may be the multimedia message settings.
- Select Messages > Options > Settings > Multimedia message.
- Check the settings for multimedia messaging. It must be defined correctly and be sure that there is no mistake in phone numbers and addresses.
3. If you installed any application and even if you installed that application to PC or memory card, the installation files (.sis) of applications that are stored in the phone memory remain in the memory. Remove such installation files from the device memory.
After backing up the installation files if there is any, delete the installation files using file manager.
Hope this helps. If you would like to vote for the answer, this will help the others to see the similar problems solved and also will be a satisfaction factor for me to continue helping you. All the best.