My laptop worked fine a day ago and today it wouldn't see my wifi. My iPod Touch connects fine and there are no lights off on my router or modem or any connection problems with my regular hard-wired connection. Yes, the wifi switch is on but i still will not see my netowrk. I have tried restarting in all safe modes and left he battery out for 24 hours. Please help.
a. Click the Windows button located at the bottom left of the screen, then on Start Search type “Network and Sharing Center” and press Enter. b. When the Network and Sharing Center window appears, click Manage wireless networks. c. Click Add. d. Look for Network name and enter your wireless network name or SSID on the specified field then click Next. e. Under the Security type drop down menu, select the wireless security your router is using then click Next. f. To connect to the wireless network, click Connect to. g. When the Select a network to connect to window appears, select your wireless network, then click Connect.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is not possible to see again the wifi password that you have typed on your ipod touch. Once it is typed, it is automatically saved in your device. And as soon as you turn on the wifi switch it will automatically connect your device to that password of the wifi network.
You can have the password back if only you have also used it to your laptop.
If you're having trouble with your wifi connection,try to follow this steps.
* iPod Touch shows no WiFi address (Tap Settings > General > About and scroll down to WiFi Address. * iPod touch appears to be connected to a WiFi network but cannot use Wi-Fi for checking email and surfing the Internet. * iPod Touch WiFi icon is showing as grayed out. * When you tap Settings > WiFi and then you see no network entries.
If you have wireless problems,here is another method to do.
First you need to back up your data by syncing your iPod touch to iTunes. It is very important you do this before proceeding with the fixes below.
1. On the iPod Touch go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Reset Network Settings. Now see if the device displays the WiFi address under Settings > General > About and scrolling down to WiFi Address. If there is a WiFi address listed then you issue is resolved. Else try method 2 below.
2. On the iPod Touch go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. Now see if the device displays the WiFi address under Settings > General > About and scrolling down to WiFi Address. If there is a WiFi address listed then you issue is resolved. Else try method 3 below.
3. If the above fixes don't work then the only thing left is to restore the iPod touch software using iTunes which will erase all data on the device. So before restoring make sure you back up your data by syncing with iTunes.
After the restore is complete, you can resync with iTunes to load the data back to your iPod Touch. Now see if your device shows a WiFi address (tap Settings > General > About and scroll down to WiFi Address). If none of the above settings and fixes work ,then you might want to consider getting your iPod touch repaired by Apple.
With your laptop, you must in any event turn off, DHCP, START>>RUN>>services.msc enter... then scroll down to DHCP, and set to OFF, & Disabled. Check that hasn't somehow been re-enabled. You may just have to note down your settings and re-setup your router again... then using the connect to internet wizard, use that to connect to router, this will re-initialize everything.
You must have your wireless profile's name and passkey. Try resetting your router, then make sure you create a new profile for your desktop and take note of the details (ie name, WEP/WPA Key) Should work just fine if you follow the steps.
Did it ever connect to wifi before? I had the problem today and when it picked up the network connection I hit "forget network" and the let it reload, then I re-entered my password (to the network) and it connected perfectly :) Hope this helps you.