Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I was first having "inks delivery failures" for about a week. Then all of a sudden, it won't turn on at all. It cycles through the HP logo, then looks like it is going to start, then the screen goes balck and it starts all over again. There is no power problem, it is not grounding out. I am at my wits end. I like HP printers for their quality of printing, but it seems that as soon as they go out of warranty they have catastrophic failures.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
SOURCE: Error 0xc18a0301
Error: 0xc18a0301 fix from HP tech support:
Let us perform some steps to isolate the issue and find a fix for it.
Please perform the following steps and let me know the message that will be displayed on the printer.
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Screen says "support" R0631M
Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”.
Press and release the “OK” button.
Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
Press and release the “OK” button.
Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. The Printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
Is the error message still being displayed on the printer?
Print a self test page to check the functionality of the printer.
Press Setup menu on the All-in-One then scroll using the arrow key and select Print Report then select Self Test Report.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
I’m happy to assist further over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/joe_8b8c2cd6ce148309
Posted on May 21, 2009
SOURCE: HP C6180 won't turn on
To begin with, try resetting it by following these instructions. If you are using a usb cable, unplug it as well and wait at least a few minutes before reconnecting.
See also here and here. (different) It's possible you have too many devices plugged in and the printer is starved for power, or it's somehow grounding out.
If that doesn't solve the problem, you may find alternative solutions here. or here.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue. If you need further assistance, please post back with a comment to this thread.
If I've managed to answer your question or solve a problem, please take just a moment to rate this post....thanks!
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Check our web site at: www.ccl-la.com/hp.htm We have a step by step guide to correct this problem. This error is caused by air in the ink feed tubes and the guide will help you do a purge on the lines.
I hope this helps, If so please rate my solution.
Posted on Aug 19, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks a million!!!!. Saved the day. Instructions were on point... Reply was timely. THANKS."
" Unplug the printer cable from the computer.
" Unistall the printer drivers from Device manager and also unistall the all the printer appications
" restart the computer
" try to download drivers from the website
" after installing drivers and software it will ask you to connect the printer.
" then you can connect the printer and and try to Print the test page.
When the print cartridge contacts are dirty and the printer cannot detect/communicate with print cartridge.
Clean the contact points on the cartridges with a dry, lint-free cloth.
1. Open the top cover of the printer.
2. Remove the print cartridges.
3. Clean the copper-colored contact points on the cartridges with a damp, lint-free cloth. Use a dry, lint-free cloth to remove moisture from the contacts.
5. Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
6. Close the top cover.
7. Try printing again.
If you still cant communicate try with new cartridge .
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 07, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 14, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 03, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 14, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 28, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
264 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: