Question about HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
I have a HP DV6000 laptop running Vista business i have tried to download a driver for hp 3110 printer as i cant scan anthing when i push the scan button on the printer
1) HP dv6000 laptop can print on the printer
2) laptop sometimes dose not print things selected from the internet BUT will print word etc documents
3) printer says - no scan options
4) when i have tried to download the driver it says cant be perfomed at the moment
5) HP 3110 PRINTER USER GUIDE SAYS closing the HP digital imaging monitor icon in your windows system tray can cause your HP all-in-one to lose some of its scan functionality and result in NO CONNECTION error message. If this happens you can restore full functionality by restarting your computer or by starting the HP Image Zone software. I dont know how to do this!
6) the product request below i could not put in HP dv6000 - i also could not find this option from the selection (where it says click here if you cant find your product) this bit is too hard to use!!!!!
You are having hardware communication problems caused, very likely, by driver installation troubles. Go into CONTROL PANEL and then SYSTEM and then DEVICES and look for the scanner there under IMAGING DEVICES and check to see if it has an exclamation mark next to it, or if any other device has this mark, meaning that drivers are not installed for it. If there is no scanner but you have a warning icon labeled UNKNOWN DEVICE, this is the problem. If you find any non-functioning hardware devices, this is probably it.
Try this as a fix. Unplug the cable to the printer/scanner.
Go online to HP and download the latest drivers and utilities for the scanner/printer and save them to your desktop.
In CONTROL PANEL, open ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS. Scan down and remove (uninstall) anything related to the HP printer or scanner, everything. Then reboot. Then install the drivers and utilities on your desktop you saved previously, plugging in the unit when prompted to do so. If you are never prompted, plug it in at the very end when everything is installed. If this routine fails, try rebooting the system without the HP scanner plugged in, wait for a complete start-up, and then plug the scanner into a different USB port and follow the directions on screen taking note of any failure messages. PS: the scanner/printer needs to be powered on through all of this, of course. :>)
Posted on Nov 16, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2013 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 13, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
May 20, 2010 | PC Laptops
Mar 18, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv6000z PC Notebook
Sep 26, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
May 12, 2009 | HP Business Notebook 550
Dec 30, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Dec 01, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Sep 27, 2008 | Acer Aspire 8920-6048 Notebook
1,723 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!