Question about Magic Microwave Ovens

Open Question

I HAVE A MAGIC CHEF WALL UNIT CONSISTING OF AN OVER MODEL NO 97F - 4EXWM9 WITH A MAGIC CHEF MICROWAVE MODEL NO CM46D-8P CODE 02 LOCATED ABOVE THE OVEN. THE MICROWAVE PLUS INTO A FUSED (20 AMP TYPE S) OUTLET. THE OUTLET FOR THE MICROWAVE APPEARS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE OVEN. THE OVEN HAS POWER BUT THE MICROWAVE DOES NOT. I DID REPLACE THE 20 AMP TYPE S FUSE IN LINE WITH THE OUTLET BOX BUT STILL NO POWER TO THE MICROWAVE. SUGGESTIONS?

Posted by on

6 Suggested Answers

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Replacing the fuse of a MCO160UW

A microwave can be dead for many reasons.

It may be the fuse, which is usually located on the floor of the oven behind the control panel or between the door switches.

If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout (TCO) / thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.

If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the magnetron thermostat to open.

Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.

When checking thermostats, if it has a hood fan thermostat, that should read open, as opposed to the others, which should read closed.

If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.

If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.

If it goes dead or blows the breaker (or GFI) when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.

If it's intermittent or random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, or even an intermittent fuse.

You should do a continuity test on the fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, of course) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in, then test it again.

If you remove the fuse, then press the meter leads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made and make a bad fuse appear to be good.

If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.

There may also be a "mini-manual" hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting & testing.

We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jul 19, 2008

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: magic chef microwave shuts down

We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!

Posted on Sep 17, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: panasonic microwave oven

Microwave fuses are normally located either on a filter board near where the power cord comes in, behind the control panel between the door switches, or behind the control panel in a hodler, sometimes on the floor of the chassis.

If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.

At our site, we have a video showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here.

You can order Panasonic parts from Tritronics, but if you don't find what you're looking for there, try here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Nov 07, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: Magic Chef Model#MCMY10SCC-No Heat-Smoke coming out

To obtain warranty service on your Magic Chef or E-Wave product within the initial one year warranty period please complete the form here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Nov 27, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 9047 Answers

SOURCE: bought a magic chef over

I'd say your magnetron is failing.

The normal parts and labor warranty is probably one year, with a few years extra for the magnetron.

Your owner's manual will have that info. You can download owner's manuals for many Magic Chef models here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Posted on Jan 01, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to change a light bulb in microwave


Things You'll Need
30-watt incandescent light bulb
Screwdriver
Light
Unplug the Magic Chef microwave from the wall outlet.
Remove the screw from the light cover located on the left side of the underside of the microwave. The light cover is connected to a hinge and will lower, but cannot be removed from the microwave.
Unscrew the light bulb, then screw in the new light bulb. hope this helps

Oct 08, 2016 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave not heating up


If the microwave is not heating check magnetron connections, probably you will need to replace the magnetron.

Sep 06, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

WHERE IS THE FUSE LOCATED ON MY MAGIC CHEF MCO165UW MICROWAVE


Unplug your microwave and turn it around and remove the screws holding cover on and then remove the cover. Look for where the power cord goes into the back of the unit and follow the black wire from the cord to where it ends. It should stop an either a circuit board or a fuse holder. Make sure that you replace the fuse with the same amperage fuse as what you take out. You will find the amp rating stamped on one of the silver collars on each end of the fuse. Good luck!

Mar 02, 2015 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Magic Chef VM11EB-8P micowave oven act like nothing is wrong ,but will not heat .make all regular noises like it is working


It sounds like the magnetron may have either failed or is not being supplied with the extremely high voltage required to run it.
Make sure the !!!!capacitor is discharged!!!!! before attempting any sort of repair.
Check the door interlock switches first then the high voltage diode with either an AVO model 8 on high resistance range for short circuit, the capacitor can fail and go short circuit, the feed fuse on the primary of the high voltage transformer and then finally, the magnetron is best checked by substitution.
Hope that helps.

Dec 27, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Magic Chef MCO 153 UQ heats but doesnt' turn


You can still use it, but must be aware that this is a relatively high power microwave, so food will burn if it isn't turned.

Jul 28, 2009 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Model no. correct??


It doesn't look like a valid Magic Chef model number.

The word "model" will appear beside it on the model / serial tag on the unit.

Also, you can check this page for recent Magic Chef models.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

May 07, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Microwave stopped working completely


Fan turned on after cooking because a thermostat got to hot and tripped turning on the fan to try to cool the unit.  The unit went completely dead when thermal fuse tripped which is located above the cavity on the left side.

Oct 30, 2007 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

67 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Magic Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Steve

Level 3 Expert

3287 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74106 Answers

Are you a Magic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...