Question about Sharp Aquos Televison & Video
Hi. I have a sharp aquos Lc42D69U, TV will turned on, the sound works, but there is no picture. This problem affects all inputs. Sometimes I can watch Tv few minutes before the screen go black. So I will turn it off and back again, the image will be back for few minutes until go black.... and sometimes no display at all,just black. Also the image display will flash. After browsing some sites, I find out it may be the backlight. So I order a new backlight inverter board and installed it but still not working.. could it be the main board or T-con... thanks
Use coldspray to find the bad component abad soldering or a few bad capacitors in the (mains) powersupply . knock and bend the electric print some little the beginning is the powersupply
SHARP LC 32D59U LC 42D69U Service Manual free download schematics eeprom...
Posted on Nov 24, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Sharp Aquos LC-32D4OU
Comment by Guest, posted on Oct 25, 2008My
Aquos has the same problem. I'm not sure how I discovered this, but
when I lean the TV forward and hit the power button it will turn on
every time. If the screen blacks out and I don't lean it forward when I
hit the power button, the screen will just remain blank. It is very
weird, but at least repeatable.
- Thank you, Guest. That did it. It definitely seems to be a problem with the TV. Tilting it and hitting the power button helped me get the video back.
Posted on Nov 10, 2008
i was having these same problems with the screen going black, and i found that when i hit the back of my tv it would work sometimes. so, i improvised on some of the advice on this page and so far no problems. here is what i did (its very easy):
1. lay the tv on the floor and take off the back panel. (i think 12 screws)
2. on the right side of the tv (as you are looking at the back) you will notice a large metal covering that is held in place by 6 screws. unscrew these and remove the metal cover.
3. you will notice that the three screw holes on the left side of the board have some sort of metal or solder around them, in sort of a star pattern. when i looked closely i noticed that most of the metal (solder) was tarnished, or kind of blackened. (this must mean that the ground screws werent getting a good connection and this would explain why it would work sometimes when i hit it because it would vibrate the screws enough to get a good connection! )
so, take a pencil eraser and erase all the black or tarnish off the metal surrounding the screw holes. thats it! (to be safe i took some sandpaper and cleaned up the screw holes on the back of the metal covering, but i dont know if that was necessary)
at this point i followed another gentleman's advice to do a hard reset. this involved unplugging the 8 connections although i dont know if this was really necessary because i believe my problem was a ground issue. i did it just to be safe. his advice is on this site if you want to do this step.
4. i put everything back together and it worked! i performed a soft reset at this point which puts your tv back to factory settings. just go to menu>setup>reset>return to factory settings? yes
this will turn your tv off and back on. that's it. so far so good for me.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
SOURCE: My SHARP AQUOS LC-37GB5U looks like the backlight is on, but on screen display and picture is dark... I mean, It is backlit, but no sound or picture. Happened while watching it. It was perfect, no
The backlight is probably failing
Posted on Oct 08, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2016 | Sharp aquos 52 in lcd 1080p aquos 52...
Sep 16, 2015 | Televison & Video
Feb 21, 2015 | Sharp AQUOS LC-32D44U 32 in. LCD TV
Dec 30, 2010 | Sharp Aquos LC32D41U 32 in. LCD TV
Jan 15, 2010 | Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 30, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-37GD6U 37 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 08, 2009 | Sharp Aquos LC-37G4U 37 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Apr 20, 2008 | Sharp Aquos LC-46D62U 46 in. LCD HDTV
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!