Question about Linksys WRT54GS Wireless Broadband Router 4 x 10/100Base-TX 1 x 10/100Base-TX IEEE 802.11b/g Wireles... (WRT54GSFT)
This router worked for a month then suddenly the internet led wont come up. Cables are tested and they are fine. Firware was upgraded to the newest release (as per linksys site) about two weeks ago.
Here's a couple of places to get started:-
1. If you're on the internal network, try logging into the router's admin page, and iff you can see link to the cable modem / DSL line "Internet Interface". Try Refreshing DHCP on that interface.
If it's not looking great, or it's not serving out DHCP, do a quick powercycle on the LinkSys and see if that clears it (I would guest you've tried this though!)
2. Check your cable modem / DSL line box and ensure that all its lights are as normal (Without Make / Model etc I can't help you in detail there.
3. Try powering off your cable modem / DSL box and then your link sys. Wait 10 minutes (Yes, that long, there are reasons for that involving the upstream network). Powerup you Cable Modem / Link Sys box, once that looks healthy (Maybe 2 minutes to boot with some models) power up your LinkSys and see how things look then.
If you're still not having luck, unplug the power from the LinkSys again. Press and hold the "Reset" button, keep it pressed, and reapply power. Count to 10 before letting go. Wait a second or two, then press and hold the rest button again for another 10 secs. See how it looks then.
4. If all of the above doesn't help, call up your ISP and ask them to run a diagnostic on your Cable Modem / DSL Modem.
5. If you CAN get to the web page on your LinkSys, and you KNOW the cables are good then you should try putting the original firmware back and see how things go then.
If you're still having issues after all of the above I'd suspect you have faulty hardware.
Posted on Nov 16, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Mar 28, 2011 | Linksys Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2010 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Nov 16, 2009 | D-Link DI-604 4-Port Cable/DSL Router...
Jun 12, 2009 | Linksys WAG200G Router
Apr 29, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: