Question about Lowrance LMS-332C GPS Receiver
Try setting up the speed in the overlay data menu again:
1. Press MENU, arrow down to OVERLAY DATA and press ENT
2. Highlight the option for speed (WATER SPEED or GROUND SPEED) and press ENT
3. Highlight the REMOVE button and press ENT
4. Highlight (PRESS ENT TO ADD) and press ENT
5. Arrow down to SONAR DATA and press ENT
6. Arrow down to WATER SPEED and press ENT, a check will be displayed in the box
7. Press EXIT twice
If the speed is still flashing, the data is still invalid. Try resetting the unit completely:
1. Turn unit off
2. Press and hold the PAGES and POWER key until the "DO NOT RELY..." alarm appears
3. Set up the overlay data for speed again: 1. Press MENU, arrow down to OVERLAY DATA and press ENT; 2. Highlight (PRESS ENT TO ADD) and press ENT; 3. Arrow down to SONAR DATA and press ENT; 4. Arrow down to WATER SPEED and press ENT, a check will be displayed in the box; 5. Press EXIT twice
If the speed is still flashing, good chance the speed sensor is bad even though the wheel still spins. Install the latest LMS-332 updates from http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Marine/Full-Size-SonarGPS-Chartplotter-Combos/LMS-332C/Downloads/LMS-332C-Software-Update/ and set up the overlay data again.
If it turns out that the speed sensor is bad, just use speed from the GPS. This can be set up from the overlay data menu as GROUND SPEED.
(note: the overlay data must be set up for each page individually. So if you set up speed to be displayed on the map screen, it will not also be set up on the sonar page)
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
Go to meniu find not water speed but ground speed
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 31, 2017 | 2006 Buick LaCrosse
Mar 26, 2015 | 2003 Ford F150 Regular Cab
Mar 14, 2015 | 2007 Ford Taurus
Nov 17, 2009 | 2000 GMC New Sierra 1500
Oct 01, 2009 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Sep 28, 2009 | Honda CR-V Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2008 | 1994 Acura Legend
Apr 26, 2008 | Lowrance LMS-332C GPS Receiver
432 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!