I have a whirlpool gold side by side fridge. I am getting black spots on some of my ice cubes. I don't think my ice molds are black, they appear ( the parts that I can see at least ) to be white. Also, the water hose that runs from the wall to the fridge is white. What should I do?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would pat myself on the back a couple more days... and let the whole fringe get better (settle & wash out).
Just an errant thought...but if you have a water filter on your water supply I'm thinking I would rather know WHAT those spots were...
I'm thinking CHARCOAL (meaningless/harmless).
No FILTER = IRON OXIDE...
Means you have an advanced case of copper directly connected to steel pipe causing ELECTROLYSIS...
Find it fast or make sure your insurance is up to snuff.
I would capture a sample and test with a magnet
Some manufacturers suggest you toss the first load of cubes and go for it...
Check for a jammed ice cube in the fingers. Use a hair dryer to release the jammed cube. Add some water to the ice mold and see if that don't speed up the process if the ice mold is empty. After changing that filter: Ice in the mold none in the bucket= ice maker problem Empty mold= water supply problem More here
Fill ice maker with tap water and let freeze. If ice dumps and water does not refill tray then the water control valve is defective. If ice remains in ice maker then ice maker is the problem.
I think Amana still uses the Whirlpool made ice maker. It consits of a mold, a paddel to remove the ice, a motor to drive the paddel and a cam. The electrical part consists of mold, thermostate or sensor ( use to be thermo-disc), micro switches, 1 to hold the unit running 2nd to alow water to flow at a certain time and a mold heater. Sequence of operation: Thermostate senses mold is cold, activates motor to turn paddels and cam. As cam turns it depresses a micro switch to hold motor running. Motor cam and paddel turn, mold heater is also turned on. As mold warms the paddels scoup out the ice. Contunes to turn until a spot on the cam activates another micro switch to allow water in. Motor continues, as cam reaches a spot it releases the micro switch for water andthen the switch holding the motor on and unit shuts off ready to do it again.
you may have a bad mold heater . this causes the release of the ice cubes / but do clean out the deposits . as they also prevent a proper harvest .. after cleaning spray mold with a food grade silicone .
I don't think the ice maker liked the water being turned off. Usually there is an arm that will raise up to a catch position that will turn the ice maker off. I hate to say it, but ice makers are best to replace than repair. The internal parts are difficult to change, and with a new one you will have no problems. They are not too hard to change. Shop around for a good deal, I use e-bay.
Same as others. Whirlpool Gold side-by-side. Water was running yesterday but minimal ice. Now that's gone and I don't even hear the water. Turned on/off the infrared sensor. Still get drinking water, just no ice in the bin. There's a couple cubes in the maker itself when I open the door (which I've closed completely). Help?