An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: LC 900 Bk Brother Ink Cartridge Pressure Release...
It should be fine. That is an air release valve, which is depressed by the printer when the cartridge is installed. The cartridge may leak when out of the printer though, so be careful. No problems in the printer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
turn off printer hold down transfer button and left arrow button at the same. Then turn in Printer, you should hear it make some noises . Open the side push on cartridge to see that it is locked in tight. Hit the green "release" button and cartridge should come loose on its own.
To install your Brother machine#s ink cartridges, follow the steps listed below:
1. Make sure that the Brother machine#s power is turned on.
2. Open the ink cartridge cover. This cover is located on right-hand side of the Brother machine#s front panel.
3. Pull down the four lock release levers. There is one lock release lever for each ink cartridge.
4. Take the ink cartridge out of its protective bag.
5. Carefully remove the yellow protective cap from the ink cartridge.
- DO NOT touch the side of the ink cartridge covered by the yellow protective cap.
- Take care when removing this cover to prevent spilling ink and staining your hands and clothing.
- If the cartridge cover comes off when you open the bag, the cartridge will NOT be damaged.
6. Install each ink cartridge in the direction of the arrow on the label.
- Please note that each color has its own specific position. These positions are indicated by the colors of the four lock release levers. Do not install an ink cartridge in the incorrect position, as this can cause print quality problems.
7. Lift each lock release lever and push it until it clicks into the closed position.
8. Close the ink cartridge cover.
- If the LCD shows #Install Black,# #Install Cyan,# #Install Magenta,# or #Install Yellow# after you install the ink cartridges, please verify that you have installed the cartridges correctly.
* DO NOT remove the ink cartridges from the Brother machine unless you intend to replace them. If you do, it may reduce the quantity of ink left in the cartridge, which may cause the Brother machine to miscalculate the amount of remaining ink.
* DO NOT shake the ink cartridges. If ink stains your skin or clothing, wash the affected area with soap or detergent immediately.
* DO NOT repeatedly insert and remove the ink cartridges. Doing so may cause ink to seep out of your cartridges.
* If you mix the colors by installing an ink cartridge in the wrong position, clean the print head several times after correcting the cartridge installation.
* Once you open an ink cartridge, install it in the Brother machine and use it up within six months of installation.
* Use unopened ink cartridges by the expiration date listed on the cartridge package.
* DO NOT dismantle or tamper with the ink cartridge. Doing so can cause ink to leak out of the cartridge
1. Make sure the unit is turned on, and not printing. The POWER light should be on, but not flashing.
2. Lower the OUTPUT tray, and lift the scanner portion to access the ink cartridges.
3. Press and release the INK button. The print heads will move to the left, and the cartridge that needs to be replaced will stop directly beneath the OUT OF INK symbol. Make a note of which cartridge requires replacement.
4. Press and release the INK button again. If more than one ink cartridge is empty, the next cartridge will move under the OUT OF INK symbol. If no other cartridges are out of ink, the print heads will now move to the REPLACEMENT POSITION.
5. Open the CARTRIDGE COVER. Pinch the front and back tabs of the empty cartridge as you lift it out of the unit. Dispose of this cartridge.
6. Before you remove the new cartridge from its package, shake it four or five times.
7. Remove the new cartridge from its package, and lower it into the cartridge holder. Push down gently until the cartridge clicks into place.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each cartridge that you need to replace. Close the CARTRIDGE COVER once all of the necessary ink cartridges are replaced.
9. Carefully lower the scanner, until it clicks into place
10. Press and release the INK button.
The ON light flashes and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the ON light stops flashing and stays on steady. Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus printer while the ON light is flashing, unless the Stylus printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
brother has changed the inside of the carts. So plz check carefully the pics if your cart looks the same. If it looks different you should drill the hole near the upper valve (the one with the white plastic)!
you can use every DYE ink for brother printers.
DO NOT use pigmented ink due to clogged filters inside the printhead!!!!
The carts for mfc210 are filled with 20ml for BK and 11ml for C/Y/M.
I use to refill 20ml only ink for bk and 10ml ink + 1ml printhead cleaner for C/Y/M.
See here how to do that (LC900 refill):
(Simply drill a hole into the brother brandname and leave it open!)
I use a 20ml syringe and 3 12(10+2)ml syringes from the drugstore (ask your doc! It may be cheaper ;-)