Question about Creative Technology ZEN Stone MP3 Player
If the My Computer icon is not on the Desktop, click Start and My Computer.
If the My Computer icon is not in the Start Menu, right-click the Start button and click Explore.
1. With the Stone disconnected, download and install the Player Recovery Device drivers.
2. Download the Stone's firmware from Creative's site.
3. Boot up the Stone as a Player Recovery Device (also see below).
4. Connect the Stone to the computer and let it load the driver (see here).
5. Execute the downloaded firmware file or Creative's Recovery Tool.
Sometimes, in order to install the firmware, the Stone needs to be connected as a Recovery Device:
1. Make sure the Stone is disconnected and turned off.
2. Press and hold the volume down button.
3. Continue to hold the button until you have performed Steps 4 through 6. If you accidentally release the button, start the procedure again.
4. Press and hold the Power/Pause/Play button
5. Hit the reset button
6. Connect your player to your computer's USB port and after 5 seconds, release both buttons.
7. Once the Stone is recognized, execute the old firmware file.
Hope this helps, and have a nice day! ^_^
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 04, 2011 | Nokia Cell Phones
May 09, 2011 | Nokia 2690 Cell Phone
Oct 25, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 26, 2010 | Electronics - Others
Aug 15, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare Z740 Digital Camera
Nov 25, 2008 | Electronics - Others
Aug 20, 2018 | Wurlitzer Audio Players & Recorders
213 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: