Cyberhome DVD writter not decting DVDs . Getti g a disc error.
When I insert blank DVD my Cyberhome DVD writer is not detecting it. It is howing Loading and then shows no disc. Mine is a brand new DVD writter.
THE VCR PLAYED THE TAPE--THE DVD PLAYED THE DVD DISC..I REMOVED BOTH ,,AND TURNED IT OFF..A DAY LATER IT CAME ON BY IT'S SELF AND LOADING KEEPS FLASHING...I HAVE UNPLUGED IT AND PLUGED IT BACK IN..STILL THE LOADING STILL THERE..IT WON'T DO ANYTHING NOW BUT FLASH LOADING....HELP IF YOU CAN..THANKSMY E-MAIL IS email@example.com
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Cyberhome DVD writter not decting DVDs . Getti g a...
Any chance someone went near the DVD/VCR and dusted with some Pledge or any kind of dusting spray? It sounds like something has got the DVD driver chip acting crazy. May be a faulty disc tray switch telling the controller the door is opening and closing all the time. If its brand new, do you have an opportunity to take advantage of a warranty claim?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Eject the DVD from the Cyberhome DVD player. Look over the bottom of the disc. If any dirt and fingerprints are present, remove them with a damp cloth, moving from the inner circle of the DVD to the outside.
Insert the DVD into a scratch repair device, if the DVD has any light scratches (deep scratches are not reparable). Turn on the DVD repair kit and the device literally sands down the scratch. When this is finished, the DVD should work correctly with the Cyberhome DVD player.
Avoid inserting homemade DVDs into the disc drive. The Cyberhome is not compatible with many self-created DVDs, causing a "Disc Read Error" message to appear on the screen.
Spray compressed air into the disc drive of the DVD player. The compressed air removes dust and other debris from the laser and reading lens in the player.
just insert a blank dvd in writer and send the file to dvd drive showing in ur computer by write click on the file and choose send to say dvd rw drive f.
when all the files are transferes to your dvd drive. click on my comuter and open this dvd drive there you see a option in the left panel " write these files in to disc".
click that option wait for some minutes until a popup comes saying writing completed .
now your file has been successfully written in the disc.
Some DVD/CD drivers have two lasers: one for DVD and the other for CD. Not sure if this is your case but looks like the laser for CD discs is gone. The only way to repair it to replace the pickup mechanism. Anyway, it's hard to diagnose your issue as it may be caused by drivers, dust, software that interferes with the CD/DVD drivers, etc.
we may need more details but you can try this for now
1. are you sure you have a cd writer or a dvd writer (writer = burner)--- check the front edge of your cd/dvd unit and look for words like "writer" "burner" or writeable next to the word dvd or compact disc... keep in mind not all cd/dvd writer can write (burn) cd or dvds, some may burn cd but not dvds.
2. is your cd/dvd unit compatible with the media (cd or dvd blank disk) you are trying to use.. depending your cd/dvd especifications your dvd/cd drive is compatible with certain types of cd or dvds that are writeable.
3. is the cd/dvd a writeable cd/dvd and is compatible with your cd/dvd drive? for instance.. if you are using a blank dvd and your cd/dvd drive only burn cd/s and read dvd and cd you won't be able to write to the blank dvd.
4. are you trying to burn a dvd in a corporate computer.?? as a user (not an administrator) of your corporate computer you may not have priviledges that will allow them to burn dvd/cd's even you your drive and your media are compatible.
the error that you get
the brand and model of the computer you're using
the type of media you're using
this is for:
1. Ensure the players disk tray is Closed with no disc .
2. Press Menu.
3. Press 1.
4. Press 9.
5. A menu will appear with the region number near the bottom of the screen.
6. Press Enter.
7. Select the desired region.
8. Press Enter to save the settings.