Question about Acer Aspire 3690-2196 Notebook
Since new i havent been able to play videos. The samples for EI 8 play but the same problem exists with IE8. I have been usung Firefox but like MSN. not caused by the Makafee firewall.
Spent 4 hours with MSn In india but they couldnt solve the problem. Seems like a simple problem but i havent found the cause.
• First of all, make sure that your computer is up-to-date on all Java and Flash software.
- Download the java updates here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- Download the flash updates here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
• Reboot computer to apply changes and try again.
• If that does not work, run a spyware and a virus scan on your computer. Windows Defender will check for spyware and it is free. Avast Antivirus will check for viruses and is also free.
- Download Windows Defender here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=435BFCE7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en&mg_id=10134
- Download Avast Antivirus here: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
• If those steps haven't helped, let's try different web browsers. The main ones for Windows, besides IE, are, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. Try them one at a time to see if you have success viewing your e-mail messages.
- Download Firefox here: http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.5&os=win&lang=en-US
- Download Safari here: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
- Download Opera here: http://www.opera.com/download/
I know this seems like alot to absorb, but somewhere in these steps, I believe you'll find the solution to your problem. Good luck and let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Sep 23, 2011 | Macromedia Computers & Internet
Sep 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: