Question about Samsung DVD-909 DVD Player
I have got a Samsung dvd and video combo but I can't unlock the dvd player to make it region free. I have alot of UK dvd's but can't play them as it is locked to australia. I have looked on other web sites which give the unlocking codes but it doesn't seem to have one for mine DVD-V6700!
Please can you help?
1. Make sure there is no DVD in the drive. The player must be empty. Turn on the player, (the Samsung logo appears)
2. Press the SUBTITLE button on your remote
3. With your remote enter the code: 76884
4. The current region is displayed on the top left corner of the screen. (e.g. 4)
5. Press 9 on your remote (Region free)
6. Again press the SUBTITLE button on your remote
7. Enjoy the Region free player
If your player is NOT Region 4 by default then you will need to Substitute the Numbers in Step 3 with the ones Below.
RC 1: 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
RC 2: 3, 8, 7, 6, 7 (or 5, 7, 5, 3, 8 )
RC 3: 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
RC 4: 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
RC 5: 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
RC 6: 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
For Example if your Player was Purchased in the USA ( Which is Region 1) then Step 3 would read :-
3. With your remote enter the code: 29334
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
I have a Samsung DVD Video V6700 combo. I have tried the above, but I only get a picture which is repeated over each third of the screen and flickered.
The machine was purchased in Australia and I would like to play USA and other overseas DVDs. Can you help?
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
I tried the above solution but found it didn't work. I then tried exactly the same solution but with the DVD tray CLOSED, and it worked.
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
1) Press eject to open the tray (leave open).
2) Press the DVD button on your remote (the Samsung logo appears) 3) on the remote, press subtitle button
4) on the remote, press 76884
5) region 4 will appear in the top left corner of TV, press 9 to make region free, press the subtitle button
6) turn off (which should close the tray) and then turn on again.
Let me know if this works, as I am thinking of buying the same player.
Posted on Nov 28, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 07, 2009 | Samsung DVD-V85K DVD Player / VCR Combo
Oct 16, 2009 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Apr 12, 2009 | Samsung DVD-909 DVD Player
Sep 09, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Aug 23, 2008 | Televison & Video
Mar 25, 2008 | Samsung DVD-V6700 DVD Player/VCR
Jan 20, 2008 | Televison & Video
Aug 10, 2008 | Samsung DVD-909 DVD Player
1,993 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!