My laptop doesn't hubernate
Not sure whether you are using XP or Vista in your notebook.
However, if you are using Vista, you need to manually enable the Hibernation option since this option will be disabled by default. You can find the instructions to enable or disable Hibernation option in Vista from Microsoft through the link provided below :
However, if you are using XP, I recommend you to reinstall the Power management features which should fix the issue by following the instructions provided below :
Please follow the steps to go to Device Manager :
1. Click Start, select Control Panel, and then choose Performance and Maintenance.
2. Click the System icon to open the System properties window.
3. Select the Hardware tab and click Device Manager.
4. Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.
5. Right-click the ACPI Fixed Features button and select Uninstall.
6. Restart the system.
Restarting the Computer will automatically reinstall the Power Management features.
Additionally, you an also download and install the latest Chipset Drivers in the Notebook as an alternative.
Hope this works.
Sep 23, 2008 |
HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook