- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Be sure the unit is in the stand-by mode (ie: turned off)
2. Push the control knob towards FM or AM. Select the DEMO display
3. To set the DEMO mode, do this:
Press the control knob for at least 2 seconds. The demonstration mode alternates between DEMO ON and DEMO OFF.
Although it doesn't say, i would imagine you need to press the MENU button to exit this screen.
This information came from the instruction manual that I was able to download from the internet. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll forward it off to you.
Turn the unit onto standby then press and hold the menu button then scroll down to demo using the toggle switch on the right then press and hold the toggle switch for a few seconds and it will change to demo off. It's not too difficult but you are correct, it doesn't tell you correctly in the installation instructions.
instructions i was trying to figure out the same thing in my brothers car and i came to this site the two answers before mine were both right and wrong, they needed to be combined and modified a tic. but i just got my brothers kdc x591 and this is how hit source button till standby mode is on, press menu then use the control knob the right one thats not the volume, to select demo mode press the 1 button then menu and voila
There is often confusion in the way the manual states how to achieve removing demo mode. Because this is listed in the "Menu System" section of the manual and assumes you read from page 1 of the manual that you will know to enter the menu in this section of the manual. Here is step by step instructions on removing demo mode on your unit.
1. Go to standby mode
2. Press and hold the menu button till the menu comes up
3. Press control knob towards AM or FM to scroll through menu till you locate "Demo On"
4. Press control knob straight in for approximately 3 seconds till it switches to "Demo Off"
5. Hit menu button again to exit menu