Question about Sewing Machines
I can't get the upper looper to work. It's not making loops.
By the question, it looks like the lower looper is making loops? If so, check that you are using the correct needles for your serger and that the needle or needles is/are inserted correctly:
- needles must be all the way up into the needle shaft
- needles must face with the flat side to the back and the groove to the front
- use at least needle size 12/80, not smaller
Check these few items, if the loops are still not forming:
- re-thread the serger from the start, keeping in mind to thread in the proper sequence (upper looper, lower looper, needles)
- make sure that the lower looper thread lays on top of the upper looper thread and is passed to the back of the serger and then under the presser foot when threading
- make sure that the thread are securely engaged IN the tension assembly
- make sure that the serger is set for 3-thread or 4-thread overlock (i.e. that the upper looper converter is not engaged)
- check all tension setting
- stitch length should be around 2.5 - 3.5
Let me know how it goes.
Posted on May 03, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 03, 2017 | Bernina Sewing Machines
Feb 24, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Dec 12, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Nov 17, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Nov 01, 2015 | Brother 1034D Serger Sewing Machine
May 02, 2015 | Simplicity Sewing Machines
Mar 05, 2015 | Singer White Speedylock 1634
Sep 13, 2013 | Janome MyLock 644D
Apr 28, 2011 | Simplicity SL370 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jun 21, 2009 | Bernina 1008
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: