Question about Emerson LD190EM1 19 in. LCD TV/DVD Combo
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I own the same TV and had the same problem.
It's the #1 plaguing issue with flat panel TV made by Funai corp. Emerson is made by them.
Normally, when this happens, the TV goes into " Protection Mode " because of a failing circuit board.
The most common thing to go out on flat panel TVs is the circuit board that supply power to the screen. Commonly called a Backlight Inverter Board. But, I can't say it's 100% the problem because I can'tactually look at the tv over the internet. I can only make guesses with the symptom. I'm willing to bet you have the same problem like mine. One of six Inverter Transformers when bad on my Power/Backlight Inverter Supply Board. I replaced it and it works fine again.
You have a few choices:
1. You can try leaving the TV unplugged for 30 minutes so the TV can reset itself.
2. If by chance the TV is still under warranty, go that route.
3. If you have some electronic experience, if you can find and purchase a Service Manual at Tvtechcenter.com; It will help you diagnose the source of the problem and fix it by soldering in the new part. The Service Manual will give you circuit diagrams, test points, and part# lists.Usually, cost under $6. And most cases the new part cost less than $15. The service manual at the site is under LC320EM82S.
4. Pay a TV shop to do the repairs. It maybe costly, but get an estimate of how much they will charge. That way you can decide if it worth repairing or replacing the whole TV.
I hope I shed some light on the subject for you.
Posted on Jul 13, 2009
The 5vdc stand by power supply is working but not the rest, you need to check the caps (bad caps with domed tops), signal from the main board that turns on the rest of the power supply, shorted circuits in the backlights inverter boards that causes the power supply to stay in shutdown mode.
If you are going to DIY and have proper tools, electronics knowledge, and know safety precaution then please read on:
Basic LCD monitor and TV troubleshooting guide:
Failed TV and Monitors: http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy352/budm
Learn about bad caps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
Capacitors kit: http://lcdalternatives.auctivacommerce.com/Default.aspx he can make you a set of caps.
Or www.digikey.com, just make sure to use caps with low ESR, 105c, high ripple current and long life rating such as PANASONIC FM or FC series.
Please post back what you find.
Please leave rating if it helps.
Posted on Jan 18, 2011
SOURCE: screen won't turn on
You can try to do the monitor self test.
Monitor Self Test:
1. Physically test the monitor autonomously from the computer.2. Switch both the monitor and the computer off, and then disconnect the VGA cable le from the computer.3. Turn the monitor on, pressing the power button for about three seconds. The self-test screen will come up .4. If the image is clear, bright, and shows red, green, and blue, the monitor is working properly. Video issues may be due to the video resolution in the computer, and not the monitor.5. If the image is not apparent and intense or the colors are not accurate, then the trouble is with the monitor or some of the (OSD) settings. In this case, test your particular monitor's information for OSD.
It is always important to check the color of your power light for so you can distinguish if the monitor is defective. Getting red lights on the the power panel states that the power section of the monitor is faulty.
Posted on Dec 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2015 | Emerson LD190EM1 19 in. LCD TV/DVD Combo
Jan 04, 2012 | Televison & Video
Dec 03, 2011 | Emerson Televison & Video
Feb 15, 2010 | Sharp XR-10S DLP Projector
May 24, 2009 | Video Game Consoles & Games
May 16, 2009 | Emerson LC320EM9 32 in. LCD HDTV
Jan 03, 2009 | Sony DVP-NS300 DVD Player
Jul 27, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!