Question about Dell Computers & Internet

2 Answers



Posted by on

  • David Payne
    David Payne Apr 30, 2015

    some monitors do have built in speakers that you plug into the audio out of the sound card on the computer but most do not what is the make and MODEL of the monitor please and I will research it for you. Otherwise get yourself a pair of POWERED speakers and hook it up to the sound card on the computer. If you need help let someone here know.


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

Quote "Some monitors come with built-in speakers. If your monitor has built-in speakers, use this document to troubleshoot audio difficulties before troubleshooting the devices connected to the monitor." from,
this is just an example.
So I would go to the manufacturer's website/support.

Posted on May 03, 2015

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Dell Master
  • 43,059 Answers

Sad to tell you but they are not made to have sound OUT .

Posted on Apr 30, 2015

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

DELL SE198wpfv monitor goes black after a few second, have changed the capacitors, it didn't work

Hi with all the time and money you have spent you can get a new flat screen real cheap from betterdeals .com I just got a new24 inch at 123.00 free shipping for a new pc i just built. But if you can see a very faint picture on you screen it is not a Capacitor. it is a 2.00 resistor that has burned out more then likely from a power surge. It does happen ,but for me to be positive I would need to hook my muliti meeter up to it the check the condition of the parts. Hope this gives you a little insight if it ever happens again, I have been making custom pc,s and such over 20 years. Good luck and have a nice day.

Oct 02, 2012 | Dell se198wfpv - 19-inch Widescreen Lcd...

1 Answer

What kind of cables are needed for my monitor?

Use the 15 hole socket by connecting a VGA cable. Thie cable can be boutght from most of the electronics spare part selling shops.

Feb 04, 2012 | Dell 1800FP Monitor

1 Answer

What do i need to connet tha monitor to ear tha voice

Provided your Monitor has built in speakers?..You will need a sound cable to hook the PC to the monitor. You will probably need a cable from the back of PC (Green female connection) to the speaker female cable on the monitor itself.

Aug 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Changing cable port

The monitor is a Fujitsu VL-15DX5G. 15 inch LCD.

The monitor cable uses a female DFP20 connector.
(Display Port 20-pin)

So you need a male DFP20 to male DVI-D adapter, or adapter cable.

DFP20 Male to plug into the monitor cable, and Male DVI-D (Dual) to plug into the graphics card's, female DVI-D connection.

So far, all I have found from a quick search is a Male DFP20 to Female DVI-D adapter, such as this example,

Of course this won't do.

IF, this is all that's available for DFP20 adapters, you'll need an adapter of Male DVI-D to Male DVI-D, also. (Yes, I am aware of how crazy that sounds)

(It would appear, adapters are sold to connect a normal DVI-D monitor cable, {Male}, to a computer with a female DFP20 connector)

Should your searching only find DVI-D female to DFP20 male adapters, or adapter cables, then here is an example of a DVI-D male to DVI-D male adapter,

(DVI-D male to DVI-D male cable would probably be better as there would be less strain on the graphics card's DVI-D connection)

May 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet

1 Answer

How do I connect speakers to a hpl1706 monitor and what are the best cheap speakers for this?

I suggest optional HP Flat Panel Speaker best fit to your LCD Monitor. Easy Installation and connection, just simply connect the audio input jack to your PC's sound card (green color female jack)

Apr 10, 2010 | HP L1706 17" LCD Monitor

1 Answer

Connecting the monitor to the cpu

There is a small female port on the back of the computer, usually colored blue. It has three rows of 5 sockets per row. There should be a matching male plug coming out of the monitor, connect the male to female being careful not to bend any of the pins, they can be fragile. Once that is connected, turn on the computer and you should be all set.

Dec 01, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Monitor E15T4

1 Answer

What do I need to replace my dell monitor with a sony monitor? My dell does not have a removeable cord.

I believe all you need is 15 pin VGA (analog) video cable. The PC and the monitor has female connectors, so you need a male to male cable. Make sure you get a good quality cable or you may get gohsting etc. Confirm the connector type at the back of the PC and the monitor before buy the cable.

Nov 26, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4500 PC Desktop

1 Answer

My screen sayin signal cable disconected

if you are using an lcd monitor, make sure you have connected the vga (screen cable) properly and tight both on the tower and your monitor. if its crt monitor then make sure the vga cable is tightly connected to the tower on the female connector

Jul 19, 2009 | Dell UltraScan P1110 21" CRT Monitor

1 Answer

No vga output on pc just monitor can i use that

Hello Randy667,
The monitor connection on the motherboard will be fine to use. VGA is a blue female connection, and DVI is a White female connection.

Jul 10, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet

1 Answer

C593 Microtek

If it has speakers it wil have a female jack for you to connect the sound from your computer audio out(usually the green jack) to the monitor. It if does not have sound you can buty extenal speakers most places limke wal and k marts

Jan 13, 2009 | Microtek C593 15" Flat Panel LCD Monitor

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

171 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dell Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18391 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

mukhtar21 shaikh
mukhtar21 shaikh

Level 3 Expert

2017 Answers

Are you a Dell Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides