Question about Dacor DCM24 Convection/Microwave Oven

Open Question

How do i remove an old melted turn table coupler so that I can install a new one.

Posted by Anonymous on


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Need to replace get the old one out of microwave?

The coupler just slips onto the turntable motor but they can be hard to remove. Try prying from opposite sides of the coupler but be careful not to damage the area around the coupler.

Nov 07, 2017 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Hi, I have a Sharp R-254 microwave and the turn table turns for approx 30 seconds. After 30 seconds it stops and makes a clunking noise, if you open the door and manually turn the glass plate 1/4 of a...

Either the coupler that is located in the center of the oven cavity that the turntable sits on is defective or the turn table motor is defective. . Either repair is rather simple (coupler being the easiest) with parts available online.

Nov 11, 2017 | Sharp R-254 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Turntable not working

The actual m# is JNM1851SMSS 01.

The problem most likely is with the turntable motor or coupler. The coupler is the part that the glass plate sits on that is driven by the motor. You will need to gently pry the coupler off and see if it is damaged. To test the motor, find a straw or something hollow that will fit snugly over the motor shaft. Turn on the unit to see if it spins. If it doesn't, then the motor needs to be replaced. You can get it at Sears Parts or other appliance parts websites. To replace the motor, make sure the unit is unplugged before you begin. Remove the bottom base where the motor is located. Remove the motor and install the new one. Re-install the base. Install the coupler on the motor shaft and you should be good to go.It is rare that the controller which turns on the motor goes bad, but it is a possibility. If you feel uncomfortable performing the above instructions, you should call an appliance tech.

I have attached a picture of the coupler as well as a link to your model. The #42 on the drawing is the motor.

Good luck
Don't forget to vote and please leave any comments you wish


Dec 20, 2010 | GE JNM1851SMSS Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a Sharp convection over model R-9H84B and the turntable piece is broken. One of it's three tabs is broken off so it will no longer turn the table. Do you know where I could get one of these?...

They aren't cheap, but I found them here:

I was looking because after 15 years, my drive coupling cracked out where it connects to the turn table motor. Getting it out isn't that difficult - just remember to unplug the oven before you work on it. If the old coupler won't come out with gentle and even prying, flip the oven upside down - there is a small door on the bottom help shut with a single philips (+) screw which will give you access to the motor. Remove the two philips screws and lift the motor out and then use your screw driver to gently encourage the coupler out. I found removing the motor was the easiest way to install the new coupler - install the coupler then the motor while holding the coupler in upside down. I have the model with the door opening like a conventional oven door and it will not want to stay open for you while the oven is upside down. Either have some one hold it open while you have an arm in there or be prepared to have your arm squeezed a bit.


Oct 24, 2010 | Sharp R-9H84B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

How do you change the belt if there is one for the

There is no belt on unit. There is a turn table motor and a turn table tripod or coupler. Either the motor is out or the coupler is broken. You can check coupler easy by removing glas tray and see if coupler turns around. If its appears ok, then t/t is probably out. This can be replaced by removed screws from bottom of unit and the complete bottom folds toward wall. Its in the middle with 2 wires connected too it.

Dec 01, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Plastic peice that fits under plate inside micowave that makes it rotate

If the model number you have this question listed under is correct, there are two possible parts based on your question. There is the carousel ring, that turns the glass tray, and there is the small plastic coupler that the center of the glass tray is supported by. The part numbers are as follows:

Carousel ring - WB06X10513
Coupler - WB06X10564

You can view and excellent exploded view diagram of this microwave at The parts I mention are listed under Diagram 1151005 as items 84 and 101 respectively.

To replace the coupler, you simply remove the glass tray and gently pry straight up. The coupler will pull off of the turn table motor shaft. Insert the new coupler and press on to the shaft.

If this is not the correct model number, please post back with your correct information so that I may be able to provide you with better assistance. I hope this helps you.

Nov 21, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Turn table wont turn

This is commonly caused by a turntable motor that has worn out and needs replaced.

The motor can be replaced by following these steps:

1. Unplug microwave.
2. Open oven door and remove glass tray and carousel ring.
3. Locate and remove the screws holding the bottom panel (under the microwave) in place. With the screws removed, the bottom panel should open.
4. Disconnect the connector plug from the turntable motor.
5. Reach inside the oven and remove the coupler. This is the small plastic piece that the center of the glass tray sits on. You may have to gently pry up with a flat screwdriver to get it to come loose.
6. With the coupler removed, loosen the mounting screw(s) to the motor and it should easily come out from under the oven.
7. Install new motor in the reverse order of the steps I just provided.

This is a very simple repair. I could only find the motor listed at The part number is 1467810 and costs about $34.
If you have any questions, or require additional assistance, please post back with your complete model number so that I may be able to provide you with better assistance. I hope this help you.

Oct 09, 2009 | Sharp R-1470 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Need to plastic coupler that holds turn table in place

If you need a replacement turntable coupler, you can find this part listed as item number 942560 at Just type in your model number.

To replace, all you need to do is carefully slide something under the existing coupler (if you can) and pry up. The coupler will pull off the motor shaft.

If you cannot access the coupler due to the way it was broken, simply remove the bottom panel UNDER the oven. With the panel removed, locate the small turntable motor and loosen the mounting screws to remove. The coupler should be easily accessible with the motor out of the unit. Make sure you reinstall the turntable motor and bottom panel BEFORE you try to install the new coupler. The coupler needs to be installed from inside the oven cavity by placing it in the opening in the oven floor and pushing straight down onto the motor shaft.

If you have questions, or require additional assistanc, please let me know. I hope this helps you.

Jan 14, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1435 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Need to replace melted carousel coupling

You need to remove the bottom cover if it's an over the range model.

If it's a counter top type, there should be a cover over the turntable motor.

On many Sharps, the turntable motor cover comes as an unseparated part of the bottom cover and you have to use sidecuts or snips to cut away the little tabs which hold it in place. Then when you are done, you use a screw to hold the cover back in place.

All this is best done with the microwave on its left side with the door opened, and the turntable and support removed. (Power off, of course).

Once the cover is off, you remove the two screws holding the motor, pull the motor out, then pull ou tthe old coupler.

Install the new coupler with one hand, and push the motor in place. Jiggle the couple as you do so it will mesh with the motor shaft.

Once it's in, replace the motor screws, replace the cover and you are done.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.


Sep 17, 2008 | DCS CMO-24-SS Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Melted turntable support

Yes, that's part # WB06X10138 (coupler) and you can get it here.

You will need to remove the bottom cover of the microwave and remove the turntable motor to get the new coupler in.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 03, 2008 | Emerson MW8108P Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dacor DCM24 Convection/Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

107 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dacor Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1689 Answers

Steven Clarke
Steven Clarke

Level 2 Expert

222 Answers

Are you a Dacor Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides